Crank no start

/ Crank no start #1  

guy25

Tractor
07 new holland tc 40da
Tractor was running fine when parked. 2 days later it will turn over but not start. Has fuel and fuel is free flowing from bowl. Any ideas?

/ Crank no start #2  
Diesel? Does it have glow plugs? Do you get smoke from the exhaust?
Did it recently get colder?

/ Crank no start #3  
what model tractor?

/ Crank no start
2007 new holland tc 40da. Diesel, no smoke from exhaust and temp outside is in 50s

/ Crank no start #5  
I would first check the Seat Switch & the the Parking Brake Switch...

On the NH TC series the seat switch and the parking brake switch will not stop the engine from turning over however they cause the Fuel Solenoid to shut off. This will allow the engine to crank but not start.

You should also check to see if the Fuel Solenoid is activating when the key is turned run position. The fuel solenoid is on the right side of the tractor. If you set the parking brake and turn the Key to the ON position, you should hear it click.

/ Crank no start
I would first check the Seat Switch & the the Parking Brake Switch...

On the NH TC series the seat switch and the parking brake switch will not stop the engine from turning over however they cause the Fuel Solenoid to shut off. This will allow the engine to crank but not start.

You should also check to see if the Fuel Solenoid is activating when the key is turned run position. The fuel solenoid is on the right side of the tractor. If you set the parking brake and turn the Key to the ON position, you should hear it click.
Seat switch is good. I hear no clicks on the solenoid though. I was wondering if there might be a fuse or relay. I checked the main fuse 40 Amp on left side by starter and it is good

/ Crank no start #7  
I can't say your TC40DA is the same as the diagram shown... but if it is the fuse would be Fuse #2 but I don't think yours is bad; usually if Fuse #2 is bad the tractor won't crank at all... but worth checking

NH_TC Fuse block.jpg

/ Crank no start #8  
You can also check the Fuel Shut-Off Relay... Again, I can't say your TC40DA is the same as the diagram shown... but if it is, it would be Relay #4.

You can swap it with a like relay to see if that is the problem...

Just wondering.... How did you test the Seat Switch??

TC40D Relays.jpg

/ Crank no start
I can't say your TC40DA is the same as the diagram shown... but if it is the fuse would be Fuse #2 but I don't think yours is bad; usually if Fuse #2 is bad the tractor won't crank at all... but worth checking

View attachment 782825
This is what mine looks like

Attachments

• 20230207_100004.jpg
    20230207_100004.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 62
   / Crank no start #10  
If it were me I'd pull out 1 relay at a time and clean the sockets with contact cleaner . And reseat ur relays to start. lots of dirt there that can give you a bad connection.