Crawfish--talk about them here

/ Crawfish--talk about them here #1  

Pilot

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 770, Yanmar 180D, JD 420 (not running), had a Kubota B6200
The allergy post got side tracked by discussions about crawfish. How about talking about them here?

/ Crawfish--talk about them here #2  
Cant beat em! Lobster doesnt even come close. A big pot of gulf blue crabs runs a very close second tho. My oldest son can almost ear his weight of eirher!

/ Crawfish--talk about them here #3  
Tried mudbugs once at a Cajun restaurant; they had them all spiced up with bay leaves, cinnamon, etc. I thought they were horrible...but I love lobster and shrimp, but he only spice I want is maybe a little garlic salt, butter and lemon juice.

/ Crawfish--talk about them here #4  
Of all foods on earth, crayfish are my favorite. April crayfish are the best as they start getting tougher in May and I did my best to eat my years supply this April. My wife makes the world's best gumbo with crayfish, shrimp, crabs and okra. :licking: And there's nothing like crayfish etouffee.

Louisiana crayfish prices are higher each year as we export more and more of the choicest ones to Sweden where they command very high prices.

/ Crawfish--talk about them here #5  
Crawdads are good! I am in the camp of simple; little butter and garlic with them.

They are all over the Delta here(N. Calif Sacramento River Delta), in Sacramento River and tributaries. Some good crawdad festivals nearby too.

/ Crawfish--talk about them here #9  
Some of the local buffets have then on buffet tables, local martins sells them cooked and ready to eat. Use to have them in my creek but haven't seen them in years. IMO too much work for so little eats.

mark

/ Crawfish--talk about them here #10  
I've had them a few times in restaurants. Second time was Cajun and you couldn't taste them for spice. I was disappointed. They can be very tasty.
I've know people who have eaten Ontario crayfish, but I have not.