Craziest Shingle Tear-Off Method Ever?

/ Craziest Shingle Tear-Off Method Ever? #2  
that is one good operator to keep the bucket from going through the roof :D

/ Craziest Shingle Tear-Off Method Ever? #3  
Well, your title says it right. That's just odd. They did a good job though.

/ Craziest Shingle Tear-Off Method Ever? #4  
Never thought of using my FEL to strip shingles. Now how do I get my 7610 up the ladder?

/ Craziest Shingle Tear-Off Method Ever? #5  
I approve. It looks like once the operator catches the first row of shingles, the bucket edge doesn't even touch the roof.

Nevertheless, you still probably wouldn't want me running the telehandler for this type of work. You'd probably get some new custom skylights.

/ Craziest Shingle Tear-Off Method Ever? #6  
That is SLICK...

I'd try it if I had wood shingles to tear off too... 'Course, 99.999% of roofs are
composition or metal here... In fact, I've never seen wood shingles on anything besides business fronts or historical buildings... Still, SLICK...

/ Craziest Shingle Tear-Off Method Ever? #7  
That is SLICK...

I'd try it if I had wood shingles to tear off too... 'Course, 99.999% of roofs are
composition or metal here... In fact, I've never seen wood shingles on anything besides business fronts or historical buildings... Still, SLICK...

About 90% of the roofs we tear off to reroof have wood shingles under the other roof layers (generally 2-3 layers of asphalt or one layer of metal). Still, I have always thought about doing something like this but one mistake and you can have a huge problem

/ Craziest Shingle Tear-Off Method Ever? #8  
Very impressive operator. I wouldn't try it myself, but whoever that was working the controls is worth his weight in gold. He didn't even tear the paper!!!!!!!!!

My first thought when I started to see what he was going to do was that he'd tear off the decking under the paper. With so many homes having random width 1x material for the sheeting, I would have thought it was impossible to run a bucket along the decking without catching the edges.

Great video, thanks for sharing.

Eddie

/ Craziest Shingle Tear-Off Method Ever? #9  
My roof is being reshingled this summer. I hope the company doing the work hasn't seen this video.:eek:

/ Craziest Shingle Tear-Off Method Ever? #10  
If you think about it, as long as the slope of the boom matches the slope of the roof there's little chance of it touching the roof. Once its set just work the boom extend and don't touch the bucket or boom angle.

This is one of those things that makes me wonder how they came up with the idea in the first place?