Creating my Slightly Different Chicken Coop

/ Creating my Slightly Different Chicken Coop
No, there is 3 lines of hot wire attached to the vinyl fence to keep out coyotes and racoons. They all sleep in the horse stall with all the other animals. Chickens and guineas are on the railing, ducks and geese are on the ground

/ Creating my Slightly Different Chicken Coop #32  
They spend more time out in the grass tearing apart horse poo then anything else. There is something in there that they just love, and we've noticed a HUGE decrease in flies this year.
That is so true. They love all bugs. They can catch mosquitoes also, if the mosquitoes fly low enough. I just feed mine to keep them close. The ducks and mosquito fish give me no bites. I like it.

Luke,
My ducks all stay on the pond. Some nights on the island. I have lost a few to a chicken hawk that always shows up when I am not home or sleeping. I am really wanting him to meet some lead.
hugs, Brandi

/ Creating my Slightly Different Chicken Coop #33  
Without significant fortifications the bear, fisher cats, and coywolves would make short work of my fowl (my coop is very very sturdy).
Even then... two of my neighbors have had builing torn appart (one coop and one "trash shed") this year as the blueberries did not produce well.

/ Creating my Slightly Different Chicken Coop #34  
Without significant fortifications the bear, fisher cats, and coywolves would make short work of my fowl (my coop is very very sturdy).
Even then... two of my neighbors have had builing torn appart (one coop and one "trash shed") this year as the blueberries did not produce well.
Wow. Tell you neighbor to put blueberries outside his coop and trash shed.;)
hugs, Brandi

/ Creating my Slightly Different Chicken Coop #35  
I think one just got permission from Fish and Game to "deal" with the problem.

/ Creating my Slightly Different Chicken Coop #36  
Hey Eddie, any updates on your chicken coop?

/ Creating my Slightly Different Chicken Coop #37  
Eddie, you must be pert near finished by now, right? (see I'm talking Texan "pert")

/ Creating my Slightly Different Chicken Coop
Thanks for asking, but too many distractions and thunder storms have delayed me. I haven't touched it since my last post.

/ Creating my Slightly Different Chicken Coop #39  
Any pictures of the finished project?