CT2035 Manual service codes on hourmeter

/ CT2035 Manual service codes on hourmeter #1  

keepssheep

Tractor
cub cadet
I've run into a problem that's perplexing. I put my mower deck on my CT2035 manual and started mowing. However, in the hourmeter, I saw service codes that flash by including, but not in order, 8194, 4097, 9263, F28, F25 and "end". According to page 26 of the manual, I'm to "contact the dealer for service". I did that, but I was told that those codes don't match up with the 19 pages of codes they have in their system. I was also told I need to have someone at the dealership to use a devise to read the service codes. Because my tractor is still on warranty, they have to service it. But there's a catch. They won't come to my place to do the reading. I either have to haul it to the dealership or they have to haul it.

Now truth be told, I'm a retired female who knows a lot more about raising sheep than fixing tractors. Still this seems a bit crazy to me. I'm hoping someone has some practical solution.

Last edited:
   / CT2035 Manual service codes on hourmeter #2  
Welcome to the brave new world of electronics. If you have an ODB2 reader and you tractor has a standard odb2 port you may be able to read and reset codes. If it is not a US auto standard port you may be able to buy a cheap adapter cable. However just like cars and trucks to get full use of the port you will a vehicle specific tool to interface with the software and the OEM will change that every few years so only their techs can. Or they lock everything down like car makers are doing and you need to be on THEIR network to full access. My LS tractor has a standard port and I read and clear most codes but can't run OEM diagnostics.

/ CT2035 Manual service codes on hourmeter
Welcome to the brave new world of electronics. If you have an ODB2 reader and you tractor has a standard odb2 port you may be able to read and reset codes. If it is not a US auto standard port you may be able to buy a cheap adapter cable. However just like cars and trucks to get full use of the port you will a vehicle specific tool to interface with the software and the OEM will change that every few years so only their techs can. Or they lock everything down like car makers are doing and you need to be on THEIR network to full access. My LS tractor has a standard port and I read and clear most codes but can't run OEM diagnostics.
Thanks very much for the reply. I've definitely run into the same thing with our car. I'll check into the ODB2 reader/port. I just bought a reader for my husband last Christmas. Probably a long shot that it'd work on the tractor. But a place to start.

/ CT2035 Manual service codes on hourmeter #4  
My semi pro Innova reader works, it's cheaper cousin does not. I have an LS Tractor and it uses CAN bus. Not sure what Kioti (makes a lot of Bobcat tractors) uses. You may have connector under the dash or under hood near the ECM.

/ CT2035 Manual service codes on hourmeter #5  
Take a look at this.

Attachments

• Service Manual Fault Codes CT2025_CT2035_CT2040_CT2535_CT2540 P658-669.pdf
    337 KB · Views: 163
   / CT2035 Manual service codes on hourmeter #7  
Should be the same.