CT225 will crank, won稚 start

/ CT225 will crank, won稚 start #21  
Have you looked at engine builders?

/ CT225 will crank, won稚 start
As in, have I considered having the engine rebuilt? Yes, I have. I have a local guy that rebuilds tractors and has been doing that solely since I was a kid, I am about 50 now. That would be fantastic. The problem I have found is for someone to supply parts for that. Bobcat will order parts with a caveat...tell them the exact parts you will want/need before they order. In other words, no rebuild kit through them. I would have to think about exactly what would be necessary for the rebuild part by part prior to them ordering anything. They mean, bolts, washers, seals, bearings, anything and everything separately.

/ CT225 will crank, won稚 start #23  
I am no deisel guy, my (CT 235 was my first go around with diesel) so I am prolly not much help, but if Bobcat dealers cannot or wont help, Maybe try Michigan Iron, they have a fantastic reputation on TBN

I will try them if that needs to happen. Right now, I would buy from New Zealand if it were an option. Really frustrating to buy parts for this machine. It just shouldn’t be that way in my mind.

/ CT225 will crank, won稚 start #25  
Yea, I am sure.....

Sure is weird how a fairly new machine has such low compression, makes one wonder....

Im not sure I have read that any of these machines have had that issue, maybe the reason the market has not felt the need to invest in a kit for it

Well, in defense of the machine, I have no history of how it was treated prior to me buying it. If you read through this post, you know it has just over 600 hours on it but was obviously not treated very well from whoever owned it. Although it looks near new, mechanically it was definitely abused. Either no/ low oil, wrong oil or simply cranked with ether one too many times. Through bobcat there was never a claim for warranty OR service at all, ever.

/ CT225 will crank, won稚 start #27  
Yea, all kinds of people in this world......

Have you looked for a "broken" tractor, maybe one with a hydro issue or a broken case with a good engine?

/ CT225 will crank, won稚 start #28  
Just being a pretty fair shade tree mechanic I would recommend a teardown of the tractor and then order parts needed. The tractor is of no value or use (to speak of) at this time. If you are not able to do this yourself then let that local tractor shop do it. Until you tear it down you won't know what to order. I think you will be able to get all the parts needed. Their on line parts catalogs are very good and Kioti has the same.

/ CT225 will crank, won稚 start #29  
Winston has been a very good source of info for me since I joined TBN, and I guess he stated much better than I did what I meant when I said about a engine builder......

Lilranch, I did look for a broken machine. The only one I found sold for $9600! And it wasn稚 clear if it even ran.
Yeah, Winston, I am a pretty good shade tree myself. For me it is a time issue. I have been really busy at work and do not want to start it without being able to complete it. So for this one, as simple as the little three cylinder should be, I think I would be better served having it built. Any more suggestions for parts suppliers would be very helpful. I picked the tractor back up from bobcat on Friday and am waiting to call the Tyler guys you talked about on Monday. I sure appreciate any input you guys share.
Winston, you said 鍍heir online parts catalogs are pretty good and KIOTI has the same? Is there something specific you致e seen?