CT225 will crank, won稚 start

/ CT225 will crank, won稚 start
Those are all connected. I talked to the Lewisville location. He is willing to test my pump and injectors separately. In fact, he will do a compression test and make sure the head is in good shape for fair money. Since I bought this thing at auction and have no history, I am going to take it to him (I have to go to Irving anyways) and let him have his way with it. I think after that, I will know where I stand and can take it from there. Might be the best option instead of throwing parts at it and hoping. I appreciate you thinking about it and making a really good suggestion.

/ CT225 will crank, won稚 start #12  
Please let us know what the problem was after it gets pinpointed.

I certainly will share what is figured out. They are a week away from even looking at it. He does not think it is the pump, surprisingly. We will see, I am still thinking weak pump, but he sure has another thought...that he did not share.

Update...still no good news. Bobcat North Texas has now tested the compression and says it is low. Since I have no history with it, I will have to go with their word, for now. Here is my problem...Bobcat does not want to deal with it as they ?do not have a direct connection with Daedong any longer. The relationship is with Doosan now.? and they own all four nearby Northeast Texas locations. The local dealer for KIOTI will not work on it because it is a bobcat branded tractor. Four brothers have the two local dealerships and told me they were not allowed to work on the tractor even though it is a Daedong product. I?m in limbo. Basically, all six locations near me are owned by two entities and do not want the work for some reason. Has anyone else ran into this? If so, what is the resolution? Four brothers did say they may can get the parts for a rebuild or a complete long block. They haven?t returned my call in two days. Anybody with any help, please jump in.

/ CT225 will crank, won稚 start #15  
Out of curiosity, how many hours on your tractor? Did they share any numbers about your compression?? Book calls for 469 to 540 psi. Old age prevents me from remembering just what problem prompted me to go to the Kioti dealership in Tyler but I do remember being able to talk with their mechanic and although I did not use their services or buy any parts I did feel they were very willing to help in any way possible. Don't know they would even consider helping you but a phone call couldn't hurt. Kioti Tractors | Dowdle Motor Sales

It came to me, I was concerned about my travel pedal not releasing as I thought it should. The mechanic was very knowledgeable about it.

Winston1, I have a few questions for the bobcat guy. This tractor has a whopping 606 hours on it. Again though, I have no history as I bought it at auction. So previous owner may have run it with 0w oil or no oil, who knows. Before taking it to Lewisville they were gung-ho to work on it. After getting it there they seemed to drag it out and then finally call and tell me it had low compression. But could not tell me if maybe the injectors had leaks around them, head gasket might be bad or even a bad head, leaking valves...just seems like the tech spent about ten minutes pulling glow plugs and running compression test to say he had done it. I obviously need another shop as these guys, as friendly as they are, are not going to get it done. I’ll sure try the Tyler guys, thanks for that info. I was not aware of them. Four Bros acted like I had a space ship which was weird because he knew exactly what I have...they just can not work on space ships I guess.

/ CT225 will crank, won稚 start #17  
Sort of hate to ask this question but do you know if starting fluid has ever been used on it? That low of hours just doesn't make sense with ring wear. Starting fluid can break piston lands on thee diesels. Just putting it out there for thought.

I have absolutely no history on the tractor. Everything related to cranking is in good shape, starter is strong, battery and all connections are good, glow plugs are strong so I want to say no need for starting fluid, but who knows. It is possible. I am not sold on the diagnostics just yet. I get that what he tested is low, although I do not know numbers yet. But cause of low compression does not necessarily mean rings are bad. There could be leaks in all of the other places I talked about in the last post. I feel confident that he did not test anything more once he saw that it had low compression. That is where I am going next, to test a few more things before just assuming it is rings.

/ CT225 will crank, won稚 start #19  
Your absolutely correct, low compression can come from numerous causes. It would be nice and expected to get the numbers on each cylinder. Without them you don't know if one or all cylinders are low.

Update to the issue... Not much more info provided by Bobcat of North Texas. The only info they shared, because they did nothing more after finding low compression, is the values of each cylinder. All three are low, a minimum of 370 psi allowable, this one has 90, 106 and 130. So very low compression in all three. Here is more of the problem than low compression, and what people complain about the most. Help in parts and/or service is a huge issue. Bobcat does not want to work on it because they are not a machine shop. They just want a drop in motor to replace, which they have no availability, according to them. They can only buy parts through doosan but will not because they are not engine builders. Like I said before, I tried the KIOTI dealership nearest to me and they are completely useless unless you have a KIOTI they will not order parts for a bobcat branded machine even though they are the daedong dealer. I am resolved to Winstons advice to try the Tyler guys. I sure hope they can do something. At this point It seems all but impossible to find a willing participant for parts or anything at all, really.