Cub Cadet Z-Force transmission fan repl???

/ Cub Cadet Z-Force transmission fan repl??? #1  

Fuddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
1973 Economy and 2018 John Deere 3038E
Today I'm mowing with Z-Force, (17BSDGHB010), and area where there are sticks...then a heck of a racket. I get it to garage and you see what happened. The right side transmission plastic fan broken, one blade hitting belt. I snipped it off and mower runs fine but I ordered new blade HG-55217.
How hard is it to replace? One nut...but looks difficult?
Thanks
20210428_170352.jpg
20210428_170342.jpg
20210428_170513.jpg

/ Cub Cadet Z-Force transmission fan repl??? #2  
Hardest part will be removing the drive so you can get the pulley off,

/ Cub Cadet Z-Force transmission fan repl??? #3  
You have to drop the Hydro unit to access the nut on top tp replace the fan. CC has an upgrade kit as well, I have one to replace as well. My wife 'amputated hers.

Have fun.

/ Cub Cadet Z-Force transmission fan repl???
Thanks. Of course I was hoping for an easier way...but never is. Maybe I'll cut an access door in the deck!

/ Cub Cadet Z-Force transmission fan repl??? #5  
Thanks. Of course I was hoping for an easier way...but never is. Maybe I'll cut an access door in the deck!
Why not, think of this as an improvement over the original design.

/ Cub Cadet Z-Force transmission fan repl??? #6  
Simple answer is... Don't run over sticks. It's a lawnmower, not a brush hog.

I have a bush hog but sometimes it's hard not running over sticks!

/ Cub Cadet Z-Force transmission fan repl??? #8  
I have a bush hog but sometimes it's hard not running over sticks!

Yes!

I have lots of sticks. I’d would take another 2 hours to mow if I had to pick up all the sticks.

Fortunately, they are not large.

MoKelly

/ Cub Cadet Z-Force transmission fan repl??? #9  
We have 2 mowers. One like the OP has and another, a CC M60 Tank. The tank has the Hydro Gear pumps tucked away much higher than the Z force and I run over sticks with it all the time because the pumps are out of 'harm's way. Not so with the Z-Force and I have replaced the cooling fans on the Z Force before and CC has an upgrade fan with a guard and it's installed on the Z Force. You have to drop the hydro gear transmissions to access the fan bolts. No way around that but it's not a big job.

You run over sticks, sooner or later they will get in they will get in the cooling fans and 'amputate' the blades. How it plays. Solution is get the upgraded fans and the guards or take some time and pick up the sticks.

Today I cut front yard with my Cub RZT50. Sticks never a problem with it either. Once repaired I'll use the Z for the large part of the front yard, no sticks and it blows grass out of site so a nicer job.
Glad when my wife gets over her allergies, she likes the RZT, me on the Z we knock everything out fast!