Cultipacker input please

/ Cultipacker input please #1  

ElSueno Farms

Tractor
Kubota B2320 Kubota M5660SUD Kubota RTV500. Honda Pioneer 1000
Am considering strongly the Everything Attachments model, probably in 6', will be broadcasting a variety of small seed bee-friendly crops, mostly in 2-3 acre sections.
For those that use this cultipacker, how will it do in moderate clay soil? Will i get better results by disking, cultipacking, broadcasting, and doing an additional cultipacking or just cultipacker once, either before broadcasting or after broadcasting? Many plantings are very small seeds.

/ Cultipacker input please #2  
ETA assembles a good, high value Cultipacker.
Paint application and paint drying time before shipment could have been better on the Cultipacker ETA sent me three years ago.

In clay, which is water retentive, pass the Cultipacker over seed just once. Fine seed needs light to germinate. You do not want to bury fine seed nor thick coat fine seed with clay.

You only pass Cultipacker over fluffy soils before seeding, then again after seeding.

I know the disk and tractor weight is important, need an education on disc harrow set-up and operation.

After smoothing field with a properly adjusted Disc Harrow, seed bed should be ready for seed and the Cultipacker.

DISC HARROW ADJUSTMENT LINK: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ing-three-point-hitch-mounted.html?highlight=

Do you still have the B2320 or did you acquire a heavier tractor?

Attachments

• IMG_0491.jpg
    IMG_0491.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0493.JPG
    IMG_0493.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0531.JPG
    IMG_0531.JPG
    214.6 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0527.jpg
    IMG_0527.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0526.jpg
    IMG_0526.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
   / Cultipacker input please
Have kubota m5660 with 8' Land Pride disc and brush cutter.