Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #301  
Oh no, I might need a small fluffy little comfort dog! :ROFLMAO:
Maybe I could mail you a nice fuzzy stuffed toy. That may sedate your anxiety a little and comfort you.:rolleyes:

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #302  
With all the kids with coal rollers around here, the Dodge Cummins should be in even more demand. Telling a 20 year old southern male he can't buy a truck with a cummins in it anymore, because of the emissions, will cause them to turn their chips all the way up and buy more trucks in the used market. Can you even grenade a straight 6 5.9L Cummins?

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #303  
Maybe I could mail you a nice fuzzy stuffed toy. That may sedate your anxiety a little and comfort you.:rolleyes:
I prefer the real thing, like you already have :LOL:

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #304  
Actually, the "programming parameters" that VW devised to beat the system was also called "devices" per the wording from the EPA. So, what cummins did may also be in the programming.

"These settlements resolve allegations that Volkswagen violated the Clean Air Act (“CAA”) by the sale of approximately 590,000 model year 2009 to 2016 diesel motor vehicles equipped with “defeat devices.”

https://www.epa.gov/enforcement/volkswagen-clean-air-act-civil-settlement
Maybe the way it’s worded a device is a scheme?

My age is showing because when I read device I think hardware as in something tangible as opposed to code instructions.

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #305  
I prefer the real thing, like you already have :LOL:
Oh, you're talking about the picture of my dog that died a few years ago? You are just like :mad:man that personally attacks people because he is so fragile. Have a good day.

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #306  
Like I knew that?

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #308  
Maybe the way it’s worded a device is a scheme?

My age is showing because when I read device I think hardware as in something tangible as opposed to code instructions.
Yes! That is exactly what I was thinking. Being that I have turned a few wrenches in my time, I was interested in the VW case and this one. I'm thinking we may not know the whole story with the cummins case.

Device=

:
something devised or contrived: such as
a(1)
: PLAN, PROCEDURE, TECHNIQUE
a marketing device

Last edited:
   / Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #309  
With all the kids with coal rollers around here, the Dodge Cummins should be in even more demand. Telling a 20 year old southern male he can't buy a truck with a cummins in it anymore, because of the emissions, will cause them to turn their chips all the way up and buy more trucks in the used market. Can you even grenade a straight 6 5.9L Cummins?
Personally, I don’t like the coal rollers and I think they give diesels a bad name, but instead of taking aim at all of us including the ones who don’t touch any of the gov___ment mandated emissions equipment, just go after them.

I’m not a fan of small annoying yippy, yappy dogs, but I don’t oppose all their owners owning them, just the ones that are annoying, right?

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions.
OP here. This thread has gone unbelievably sideways. Hope the mods shut it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.