Customer Service no longer exists

/ Customer Service no longer exists #1  

bmg88201

Gold Member
Tractor
JD X300
What happened to good customer service, where did it go ? How come everybody I talk to at any company sounds like they are from Pakistan or Bangladesh. Today I had to call AT&T and got someone that sounded like Apu from the Simpsons. I couldn’t understand her and was of no help. I finally asked her to transfer me to another department and guess who answered. This is no joke, she put me through to Medicare. Medicare for crying out loud !!!

While I was talking lady Apu at AT&T, I could hear dogs barking and kids screaming in the background. Probably working from her dung filled hit in India.

Sorry all, Thank you for letting vent. Ugh !!!!!

/ Customer Service no longer exists #2  
same here. I called ATT to report low hanging lines that a truck was going to grab and pull down poles and snap wires.
I was told I needed to call xxx number. I hung up and called xxx #. The person at xxx # said I'll have to transfer you to another dept.
The person in the other dept, said I would need to call aaa #.
I finally told her I wasn't calling, or talking to anyone else. I didn't care if a truck took out every line, and pole on the road.
She finally said, ''Maybe I can handle it, and get it to the correct dept''
Within a few days someone was out hanging the phone wires back up

anymore, they all suck ! at one time, they went out of their way to get you as a customer. Not so much anymore. they really don't care !

/ Customer Service no longer exists #3  
The service center is in the 12th building from the left, on the 75th floor. Where'd you say you's all from again?

Attachments

• image_2022-11-07_211231957.png
    image_2022-11-07_211231957.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 129
   / Customer Service no longer exists #4  
I really can't stand poor customer service. Before I retired I worked for many years training and coaching employees and management teams. Customer focus was always key. When I experience some of the processes companies have today, I just shake my head. Here are a couple of paragraphs from a recent survey on customer service:
(Gray News) – People really, really hate contacting customer support – so much so that they would rather spend a night in jail or shave their head.

A new survey conducted by OnePoll on behalf of Twilio Flex asked 2,000 Americans what they would rather do than contact customer service.

The poll found that 30% of people would rather do their taxes, 28% would rather go to the dentist, 25% would rather go to the DMV, 24% would rather shave their head, and 22% would rather spend a night in jail.

People are willing to go to those extremes to avoid contacting customer support because, on average, it takes three attempts and more than 1.5 hours on hold in order to solve just one issue with a customer service representative, the survey found.

/ Customer Service no longer exists #5  
Before I retired I worked for many years training and coaching employees and management teams. Customer focus was always key.
That was then. How does customer service effect the bottom line (share price) on a corporate level, in 2022. Remember when cars were sold based on how well their service reputation was. We service what we sell, and cars needed a lot of it. That was then. What they are telling us now is to shoo, go away, take our product as is. Are we going away?

/ Customer Service no longer exists #6  
I believe companies found a large % of people with complaints become discouraged and hang up rather than continue trying to make sense of a trained monkey. Think I'm kidding? Next time a telemarketer calls do your best to talk like you are touched in the head and watch how quick they hang up rather than waste any more time.

/ Customer Service no longer exists #7  
I believe companies found a large % of people with complaints become discouraged and hang up rather than continue trying to make sense of a trained monkey. Think I'm kidding? Next time a telemarketer calls do your best to talk like you are touched in the head and watch how quick they hang up rather than waste any more time.
I worked in tech support for a major PC brand. We had a customer that had our computer purchased by a competitor for him because he waa so annoying and cost them so much time. It was literally cheaper for them to buy him our machine.

I think some of the problem is poor management. It is also exceedingly difficult to find people with the work ethic and enough f's to give about customers. Sometimes, though, customers make it hard. I certainly don't want anyone to suffer from having my mom as a customer. :)

/ Customer Service no longer exists #8  
What happened to good customer service, where did it go ? How come everybody I talk to at any company sounds like they are from Pakistan or Bangladesh. Today I had to call AT&T and got someone that sounded like Apu from the Simpsons. I couldn’t understand her and was of no help. I finally asked her to transfer me to another department and guess who answered. This is no joke, she put me through to Medicare. Medicare for crying out loud !!!

While I was talking lady Apu at AT&T, I could hear dogs barking and kids screaming in the background. Probably working from her dung filled hit in India.

Sorry all, Thank you for letting vent. Ugh !!!!!
I'll wager the experience was just as unpleasant for her. ;)

/ Customer Service no longer exists #9  
What I don't like is you call and then get a recorded message to punch 1,2.3.4 or whatever to speak to a representative and you do that and get the 'I'm not available right now, leave a message and I'll call back and they never do. When I get that anymore, I hang up as it's useless.

Far as the dog barking, lots of customer service people telework from home today.

/ Customer Service no longer exists #10  
A couple/few months ago I spoke to a woman who had a baby crying in the background. I asked if she was working from home? She said yes and apologized for the baby crying. I told her it wasn't a problem for me, as I had been a baby myself many years ago. She started laughing and we had a great call and she was able to help me.

In all seriousness, in the past few years, I've made a conscious effort to be nice to people in customer service, instead of being pissed off that I'm having trouble understanding them, or getting what I need immediately. I've gotten a lot better service since then. It might not be perfect, but at least I'm not fuming when I hang up the phone and the person on the other end says thank you because they mean it, not because they have to.