CUT Low Loader Lift Capacity

/ CUT Low Loader Lift Capacity #51  
Recommend a bigger skidsteer. We have a Cat242b that will lift a ton+. We regularly/easily handle 1500+ big rounds and double big squares. Before the Cat we used a FEL; never will go back. Other uses of plowing/blowing snow; loading dirt/gravel/silage; skidding logs; loading manure; cleaning sheds are all easily handled. This time of the year the headed cab makes chores bearable.

/ CUT Low Loader Lift Capacity #52  
I've used my LS xr4046 with its factory loader to do just about everything I need...it has a great lifting capacity, used to dig out all the top soil and put in fill for my retirement home, snow removal and many other projects (about 500 hrs on it now). The one issue I am now facing however is the bucket/loader arms creep down when shut off and not slowly, it will drop about an 1" in half hour or better, BUT I have beat the living crap out of that loader. The loader valve also controls flow to the 3pt I believe and my 3pt when raising "sputters" up n down. I use the loader for everything including a QA fork attachment (picks up building sheathing great) and a homemade work platform to elevate me higher etc. Another issue is...its getting slower now...this spring Ill be researching changing/upgrading hyd pump to a higher flow capacity along with possible loader valve replacement. But overall Im happy with my LS.

/ CUT Low Loader Lift Capacity #53  
I needed good FEL lifting but wanted cat 1 in the rear. You won't get it for $30K but that's why I bought my JCB MIDICX. The 4:1bucket alone ways 800lbs.
it's a construction type tractor that can do Ag. work, instead of the other way around.
Look at used JD110. Very similar
They are an interesting concept, that would work for many applications.
The main issue I have is the PTO capacity, a 50 Hp tractor with only 25 Hp on the PTO.
Also like the JD 310 I operated many years ago that is a hydraulically driven PTO,
not a mechanically geared drive. If a person does a lot of heavy PTO work I not sure how well they hold up.
They are not a common machine so not a lot of durability information.

/ CUT Low Loader Lift Capacity
Tried out the used L4701 in person - 3 years old. The bumper to bumper warranty is gone.
There was a 4' x 4' pallet with 1,500# on it. Forks must have weighed another 200# min.
The tractor picked up the pallet about 6' with zero hesitation and no tipping.
I noticed how basic the tractor was - reminded me of my Grandpa's Oliver 88 in some areas.
The fuel cap is on top of the hood. I am tall and feel I would need a ladder to properly reach.
The tractor was rock solid and quality - built like a tank and should last a lifetime.
Out the door is around $31,200 or approx. $3,000 more than the new LS MT342.
Something to consider.

Yooper Dave

I needed good FEL lifting but wanted cat 1 in the rear. You won't get it for $30K but that's why I bought my JCB MIDICX. The 4:1bucket alone ways 800lbs.
it's a construction type tractor that can do Ag. work, instead of the other way around.
Look at used JD110. Very similar
I like JCB.
They offer one of the few skid steers that I could attempt to get into.
A bum leg does not allow me many options with a cab.

/ CUT Low Loader Lift Capacity #56  
As a former forklift instructor the width of the tractor is not as important as using the forks properly. Loads should always be carried as low as possible. You should never turn with a load lifted. You should not lift heavy loads on uneven ground. You should have something on the back for counter weight. Remember that long loads are a lot more unstable. You should always keep the heavy part of the load close to the tractor. Most of this is true for loader work also.

/ CUT Low Loader Lift Capacity #57  
I have no formal lift or reach requirements. I clear lots of snow, move lots of fill, and lift heavy items in and out of my truck and trailer.
Why are you looking at a tractor then? surly a small pivot steer loader would be cheaper more maneuverable and better lift capability

Attachments

• loader.jpg
    loader.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 75
   / CUT Low Loader Lift Capacity #58  
Tried out the used L4701 in person - 3 years old. The bumper to bumper warranty is gone.
There was a 4' x 4' pallet with 1,500# on it. Forks must have weighed another 200# min.
The tractor picked up the pallet about 6' with zero hesitation and no tipping.
I noticed how basic the tractor was - reminded me of my Grandpa's Oliver 88 in some areas.
The fuel cap is on top of the hood. I am tall and feel I would need a ladder to properly reach.
The tractor was rock solid and quality - built like a tank and should last a lifetime.
Out the door is around $31,200 or approx. $3,000 more than the new LS MT342.
Something to consider.

Yooper Dave
The MT just comes better equipped...

Why are you looking at a tractor then? surly a small pivot steer loader would be cheaper more maneuverable and better lift capability
I looked at small loaders from several vendors including Kubota and Bobcat - they are double the price. I have a Toolcat that excels at this task. I thought I was going to buy another Toolcat to find out it was sold only a couple of days prior. It is a tough market out there.

/ CUT Low Loader Lift Capacity #60  
I looked at small loaders from several vendors including Kubota and Bobcat - they are double the price. I have a Toolcat that excels at this task. I thought I was going to buy another Toolcat to find out it was sold only a couple of days prior. It is a tough market out there.

If you are primarily wanting a loader, that you sometimes use as a tractor
PowerTrac makes a good machine, that outperforms traditional tractors for loader work, but still relatively affordable.
And there is a group for owners on this very site