Cutting fire wood

/ Cutting fire wood #11  
Bill Barrett said:
There is a movement in Illinois to outlaw wood burning. So far it's just starting to get to the capital.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Evenin Bill,
If they ever tried that over here there would be a revolution !!! ;) :) :D

Wayne, nice shots, often thought about gettin one for the Super A but never did ! :( Im still thinkin though ! ;)

/ Cutting fire wood #12  
Hiya Wayne,

If ya like them cord wood saws a lot, I think I have a deal for you. I've got this "lightly used" one if your interested. Swing on by, we can shoot the bull a bit and see if your as scared of using it as I am.... :D

Well, that is if it ever stops snowing......

Tom

Attachments

• DSC01055-50.JPG
    DSC01055-50.JPG
    258.6 KB · Views: 242
   / Cutting fire wood
tomd999 said:
Hiya Wayne,

If ya like them cord wood saws a lot, I think I have a deal for you. I've got this "lightly used" one if your interested. Swing on by, we can shoot the bull a bit and see if your as scared of using it as I am.... :D

Tom

Tom we had one when I was a kid and ran it off from an old Farmal C. Tell you back then I wasn't permitted to use it, to dangerous and I wouldn't want to use one today either. Whole bunch of teeth to bite ya on those babies.

Wayne

/ Cutting fire wood #14  
WayneB said:
Tom we had one when I was a kid and ran it off from an old Farmal C. Tell you back then I wasn't permitted to use it, to dangerous and I wouldn't want to use one today either. Whole bunch of teeth to bite ya on those babies.

Wayne

We had one when I was a kid and it scared me even then. Dad had us kids stand there and catch the pieces as they were cut. I hated the job.

Harry K

/ Cutting fire wood #15  
i have seen something similar as an attchment for a David Bradley walk behind. Whew makes you count your fingers after just looking at the picture.

/ Cutting fire wood #16  
Anyone have a picture of how the power goes from the PTO shaft to the belt drive?

/ Cutting fire wood #17  
Hiya,

On my Ford 600 that it runs on when my nutcase brother decides to come up and use it, there is a 90 degree drive unit that bolts to the lower part of the frame. It's at his house now cause the bearings got noisy last time he ran it and he's rebuilding it. (family rule, U break it, U fix it) I'll take some picts and post when it's all back together. (may not be till the summer though)

Tom

/ Cutting fire wood #18  
tomd999 said:
Hiya,

On my Ford 600 that it runs on when my nutcase brother decides to come up and use it, there is a 90 degree drive unit that bolts to the lower part of the frame. It's at his house now cause the bearings got noisy last time he ran it and he's rebuilding it. (family rule, U break it, U fix it) I'll take some picts and post when it's all back together. (may not be till the summer though)

Tom

Fair enough.

/ Cutting fire wood #19  
tomd999 said:
Hiya Wayne,

Tom

Are you really interested in finding another home for that saw? I have an old Simplicity walk behind tractor that my father bought used back in the late 1950's that has a smaller version of a cordwood saw attachment. I got the thing going last year, I reaaly like it for cutting smaller limb wood and such for the kitchen wood cook stove we have. That one has about a 20" diameter blade.

Randy

/ Cutting fire wood #20  
When I was a kid they were quite common. Most of the ones I saw ran off a belt from the tractor.

The neighbours would get together and go around cutting each persons winter supply of wood. This slowly fell out of practice with the advent of larger trucks and more use of coal. Prior to this it was a two day trip by horse and wagon for coal.:D