CX 30 HST Engine question

/ CX 30 HST Engine question #1  

Alien

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
☼ CK 30 HST Engine question ☼

Hi all. My first posting.
I am basically a happy owner with my CK30 and after 4 years have nearly 400 hours up. I have a 40 acre block in South East Queensland.
It is used mainly for clearing trees, lantana, and has had a lot of work carring boulders for the wifes landscaping. I have plenty of rocks in the bush to use.
I also use a post hole digger frequently.
My question is; would it be worthwhile putting a 35 motor in it as the later model has? Would it fit straight in? How would the HST react?(Well, there are 3 questions lol)
My reasoning is this. I have always felt it to be underpowered in top gear, so much so I hardly ever use it except on a very flat road.
If I am doing bucket work I have to use low gear as even second gear will not drive it when pushing the bucket into soil. In some situations I have to select low gear to reverse out as it just wont move in the higher gears.
Normally I use 2nd gear for most work at about 1800 rpm.
I am very happy with the loads it can carry normally.
Yes, there has been the odd problem with it regarding electrics and hard to select gears/change gears but I can overcome these things.
The reason I ask about the engine is, I have contemplated buying a larger tractor but I would sure miss this little baby but I can't afford 2 tractors.

Last edited:
   / CX 30 HST Engine question #2  
If the engine is in good shape then consider turning up the fuel pump for more power instead of replacing the engine. I don't know how to on this particular engine but I'm sure you can find a diesel mechanic that can for cheap. Just be careful with adding too much power that may cause problems with the HST. I would be willing to bet an extra 5-10 hp would be easily handled.

/ CX 30 HST Engine question
Thanks Derek Actually I am a mechanic by trade. The new model has the larger engine but whether the HST is the same or not I don't know. If it fits straight in it may be the same TX.
The motor in my tractor is brilliant, never uses oil etc etc but I just want to be able to use a higher gear and still have some power in a working situation. eg pulling stumps, pushing trunks etc. It can make a big day labourious if you are going in low gear all day.

Doug

/ CX 30 HST Engine question #4  
The CK30 and CK35 do not use the same HST unit.

/ CX 30 HST Engine question
Thanks MitchIron, Looks like it's going to be a new machine down the track then...