Cyclone rake

/ Cyclone rake #1  

richdell

Tractor
Yanmar 195 and Kubota 2920
I have a cyclone rake mounted on my Kubota zero turn mower and it works great until the leaves get too deep, then it pushes a pile out front. It seems to me that I could improve things by raising the opening in front with a removable panel, or maybe a chain curtain like a gravely I used to have. Any thoughts?

/ Cyclone rake #2  
I have the same issue with mine. When I get a pile, I just back up, raise the deck and go forward again. I would be concerned that opening the front of the deck would mess up the deck air flow and blow a lot of leaves back out the front. I already have a problem with my deck blowing the leaves out the sides when I'm on a hard surface like the driveway.

/ Cyclone rake #3  
I don't have a Cyclone Rake but it's on my short list.
I mulch a lot of leaves on 18 large country lawns. Before the leaf plowing gets bad, try moving the front end left and right once per second or so (Like 12" zig-zags).
If the pile still gets pushed I raise the deck.

/ Cyclone rake #4  
I solve it by first going over the leaves with the deck full up, then the next pass I set the deck height at 4 1/4 and retravel the area leaving nothing behind. I have found greater success when I collect using 2/3s of the deck over the leaves. I'm running Gator G6 blades and they do help with the lift. I also modified the Cyclone Rake deck attachment so the opening extended out to the front of the deck's discharge opening, that seems to be the area the deck does all of its discharging.

1667978858942.png

/ Cyclone rake
What you say makes a lot of sense, I'll try the "front of the deck" mod on mine. Thanks!

/ Cyclone rake #6  
On my cyclone rake, i keep damaging the mower deck adapter. Im going to fab one out of steel this winter. Im very careful when mowing, not sure why they get damaged.

/ Cyclone rake
It would be great to see pictures, mine's got a few patches too!