Cylinder fitting leak

/ Cylinder fitting leak #1  

Millalien

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320 (2008)
I ran the 'hoe for hours and hours and one of the fittings on the dip cylinder started weeping/leaking - it'd rotated itself counterclockwise about a 1/4 - 1/8 turn. When it was hot I could rotate it snug by hand, which can't be right - and it's still leaked anyway. I didn't want to overtorque it, so it's hand tight now but still leaking. I'm going to pull the fitting out and re-set it. Is there thread seal of some kind that might have broke down? Should I use thread seal when I re-set? Torque ?

Thanks all ---

448 BH on Deere 3320.

/ Cylinder fitting leak #2  
Then best sealant IMHO is a PTFE based paste rated for hydraulic use. It is expensive though.

DHH

Loctite 565

80632Permatex

Stay away from Teflon tape...

/ Cylinder fitting leak #5  
need to know what kind of fitting it is.. pipe, orb ?? orf?

soundguy

I ran the 'hoe for hours and hours and one of the fittings on the dip cylinder started weeping/leaking - it'd rotated itself counterclockwise about a 1/4 - 1/8 turn. When it was hot I could rotate it snug by hand, which can't be right - and it's still leaked anyway. I didn't want to overtorque it, so it's hand tight now but still leaking. I'm going to pull the fitting out and re-set it. Is there thread seal of some kind that might have broke down? Should I use thread seal when I re-set? Torque ?

Thanks all ---

448 BH on Deere 3320.

/ Cylinder fitting leak #6  
You have to tell where on the fitting it was leaking too.:D

/ Cylinder fitting leak #7  
I don't think snug is good enough. Tighten by hand, no way.