Cylinders for TnT

/ Cylinders for TnT #1  

Gem99ultra

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400HST
I'm about to add a Top and Tilt to my L3400 Kubota, but am concerned about the cylinders needed. (Kubota does not have a TnT kit for the L3400.) Presently I have the Pat's Easy Change System which adds about 4" to the lower arms, and would really like to keep those on. In order to get the tilt that I need manually I had to go from a 16" top link to a 20" top link. The side arm tilt are factory links.

Would I simply need a 4" longer cylinder to compensate? And what effect would I expect on the side arm tilt? Would a cylinder the same length as the stock section be okay, or do I need someone smarter than me to calculate the arc and cylinder length needed.

Any information you can send my way would be appreciated.

Jim

/ Cylinders for TnT #2  
If you like the adjustment you have now, just measure the full extended and retracted length of the T/L and S/L you have now and get cylinders that closely match them.

/ Cylinders for TnT #3  
Get a 2" dia x 4" stroke cylinder. Cut the ends off of your fixed side side link. Cut the ends off of the cylinder. Weld the side link ends onto the cylinder. Be sure to match up the stock angle (5 degrees) that is on the clevis end when you weld it to the hydraulic rod end. Install the OEM adjustable side link on the left side. Adjust it so that the hydraulic side link is out 2" and your rear implement sits level. You now have equal angle ability left and right.

As far as your top link. you probably need one that has a 10" stroke, that should get you a top link that goes from 18"-28" but double check before purchasing. Sorry I don't have any definite info on the top links. you would build it the same as the side link. Cut off the ends of your OEM top link and cut off the ends of the hydraulic, and weld on the OEM ends. You should be all set.

You won't know how you ever worked without them, hope this helps, Good luck.

Attachments

• IMG_0142.JPG
    IMG_0142.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_0143.JPG
    IMG_0143.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0151.JPG
    IMG_0151.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 222
   / Cylinders for TnT
Good info Brian. Thanks!

/ Cylinders for TnT #5  
I'm about to add a Top and Tilt to my L3400 Kubota, but am concerned about the cylinders needed. (Kubota does not have a TnT kit for the L3400.) Presently I have the Pat's Easy Change System which adds about 4" to the lower arms, and would really like to keep those on. In order to get the tilt that I need manually I had to go from a 16" top link to a 20" top link. The side arm tilt are factory links.

Would I simply need a 4" longer cylinder to compensate? And what effect would I expect on the side arm tilt? Would a cylinder the same length as the stock section be okay, or do I need someone smarter than me to calculate the arc and cylinder length needed.

Any information you can send my way would be appreciated.

Jim
We have the toplink with a double piloted check valve. 16-22.5" and we make custom side links with the DPCV.
Hyd_Cat1_short.jpg