D-140 Pulley/Sheave can't budge to replace belt.. Help!i

/ D-140 Pulley/Sheave can't budge to replace belt.. Help!i #1  

AlohaMe

Tractor
John Deere D-140 Riding Mower
Aloha,
I'm in the process of refurbishing my mower deck, lots of chipped paint from lava rocks. I got the deck off, but now I can NOT loosen the pulleys to remove the belt🤬🙄 where the yellow meets the metal, every video I've seen, it just loosens making it able to tilt to have enough space to remove the belt. Mine spin in both directions, and that's where I'm stuck... The Pull tool will only work on large one & I have 2 small ones with no holes. see photos..... ANY suggestions are very welcome!
Mahalo from Hawaii Island😎🤙
F87436A0-4C34-48B3-963F-C1368CB8AA63.jpeg
F87436A0-4C34-48B3-963F-C1368CB8AA63.jpeg
E2F347C4-3B5D-466E-852F-6E491C1F4F00.jpeg
E2F347C4-3B5D-466E-852F-6E491C1F4F00.jpeg
1D8955BA-C9AF-4EA5-A728-928B69FB7A79.jpeg
1D8955BA-C9AF-4EA5-A728-928B69FB7A79.jpeg

/ D-140 Pulley/Sheave can't budge to replace belt.. Help!i #2  
The unpainted part inside the yellow dust shield it the bearing inner race and comes off with the pulley. Put the nut back on so it's even with the end of the threads, and give it a couple of good raps with a brass hammer or brass drift punch. That should loosen it up. Normally those idler pulleys just slide off the shaft.

/ D-140 Pulley/Sheave can't budge to replace belt.. Help!i #3  
Metal cutting cut-off blade for angle grinder and order a new sheave pulley if BravoXray's suggestion doesn't work.

/ D-140 Pulley/Sheave can't budge to replace belt.. Help!i #4  
Drill a hole each side and opposite each other in the pully. Thread the holes to some bolts you have available. Put the nut back on to protect the shaft, A drilled metal bar or angle iron across the center nut and bolt to your new holes. Tighten as tight as you dare without ripping the threads, Now a good whack with a big hammer. One good whack does more good than a thousand taps. The threaded holes will be handy if you decide to have another go in future years.

/ D-140 Pulley/Sheave can't budge to replace belt.. Help!i #5  
Wait a minute! You're removing pulleys to remove belts? o_O Isn't there a spring loaded tension pulley on that deck somewhere?

Keep spraying PB Blaster or similar lube on the shaft. There's probably rust between the shaft and bearing. Which is why you're not suppose to spray wash the deck.

/ D-140 Pulley/Sheave can't budge to replace belt.. Help!i #6  
Welcome to TBN

You should not have to remove the pulley to change the belt. There should be a belt guide that can be loosened and then the belt can be removed.

Can you post a wider view of the pulley and associated parts so we can get a better idea of the problem.

Richard

/ D-140 Pulley/Sheave can't budge to replace belt.. Help!i #7  
Relax, it is commonplace for these to rust on. A penetrant and tapping the inner race w/ an air hammer or even a punch will help them let go. Drastic action and the worse thing you do is buy a pulley. Tweaking the guide out a touch works in a pinch too.

/ D-140 Pulley/Sheave can't budge to replace belt.. Help!i
The unpainted part inside the yellow dust shield it the bearing inner race and comes off with the pulley. Put the nut back on so it's even with the end of the threads, and give it a couple of good raps with a brass hammer or brass drift punch. That should loosen it up. Normally those idler pulleys just slide off the shaft.
I've used penatrating oil, let it sit.... nothing is budging... sigh, friend of a friend is coming with blow torch in the morning!! whoa..

Wait a minute! You're removing pulleys to remove belts? o_O Isn't there a spring loaded tension pulley on that deck somewhere?

Keep spraying PB Blaster or similar lube on the shaft. There's probably rust between the shaft and bearing. Which is why you're not suppose to spray wash the deck.

2D6D3E45-9ADD-4A8E-8671-155010AF2F0E.jpeg

yes, there is, has nothing to do with getting belt off of these pulleys... hope you can see in photos that there metal piece that's on BOTH of the 2 small pulleys to "guide" or keep "in line" the belt. The pulley HAS to be loose to tilt or remove to give space so belt can come off.
see what I mean?
0B951755-B45D-4126-B2A7-C747DF70BD43.jpeg