Dairy work

/ Dairy work #21  
Rubber tire compact loader is the machine you need. ! Cut loaders are novelties toys compared to skidsteer loaders. Nothing is gonna chip frozen manure like a skidsteer except a rubber tire loader. Cut s are not made for what you want to do period. Maybe on a small scale couple hours a day, they would handle fine. Your just not gonna find one with a good enough loader to take the punishment. That's my 2 cents.

And for what it's worth I worked on a dairy ( nothing near yours scale) and our utility size tractors wouldn't handle loader work like a skidsteer.

/ Dairy work #22  
The only experience I have is an operation involving 450 pigs. The entire feeding operation was under cover and on concrete. I think its been mentioned before - if you finally decide to go with something other than what you now have - start by getting one(rent, lease or purchase) and see how it works. You throw one CUT into your operation and I'll bet you find out how it works mighty fast. After all the screaming and wailing dies down - you can have an honest sit down talk with your employees - they will surely let you know if you should buy more or look for something else.

And like mjcountrybumpkin mentioned - I do not think a CUT will do the work you need accomplished.

/ Dairy work #23  
If the big issue in accessibility for maintenance and ease of entry and exit, then I believe JCB skid loaders are the way to go.

/ Dairy work #24  
3000head!

Are you familiar with the Kubota R series? Its full on commercial. The L's arent that heavy for full on daily commercial usage.

What about some of the other compact loaders from the Euros like Schaffer or Weidmann? Tons of sizes and capacities. Used on many dairies and could take the abuse. Im not sure on NA availability but I think that Buhler (Farm King) was importing them? Edit: Yes the Shaffers are NA available. Heres a dealer in Ontario Vandenburg Equipment Service :: Schaffer Loaders

And Wacker Neuson also has some euro import compact loaders that are sold here for sure and I think that some of the compacts are Weidmans... or maybe the Weidmans are Wackers or neither lol.

/ Dairy work #25  
3000head!

Are you familiar with the Kubota R series? Its full on commercial. The L's arent that heavy for full on daily commercial usage.

I would certainly look at the Kubota R-series. I have a client that has 8 of them. One with over 10,000 hrs and two with over 8000. They are quite durable, I service them every 5-6 weeks for them.

Brian

/ Dairy work #26  
the kubota 6060 would come the closest to fitting your needs as it comes with hydro shuttle that allows you to go from farward to reverse in 1 motion.plus you can get that tractor with a cab.and it comes with the skidsteer quick attach loader.

/ Dairy work #27  
Have you considered a Compact Telehandler?

I think this is the smallest. The JCB 515-40 can lift 3,300 lbs up to a maximum lift height of 13 ft, 2 in.
vbig_2.jpg JCB515-40.jpg JCB-miniscopic-2.jpg 3063474_4.jpg
Compact Telehandler Showcase - Compact Equipment

This is the one that I have, a Bobcat V417. It is 6' wide, 6.5' high and 13' long. Tire size is 14x17.5. Top speed is 15.5 mph, drawbar pull is 7,000 pounds, boom breakout force is 6700 lbf, bucket breakout force is 4700 lbf and it will lift over 5,000 pounds, 17 feet high. It has a skid steer quick attach plate, so your attachments would fit it.

P9290024.JPG P9290019.JPG P3200002.JPG PA010016.JPG
VersaHandler TTC - Bobcat Company

More info here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...t/160568-compact-telehandler.html#post3243370

/ Dairy work #28  
I think that a compact loader would work better than a compact tractor. A compact tractor could push what your asking, however I do not think the loader would hold up to the demands of your operation. The telehandlers are sweet, however they are mighty costly. The down side of a compact loader is that they are a little tipsy and they can not use a rear rake. A Bobcat Toolcat could do everything, however they are major money to let the hired hands beat on.

/ Dairy work #29  
In the telehandler field there are the ones from Merlo that have a full PTO and 3pt. Very cool, but $$$. Could take the place of a tractor though.