damaged my saw

/ damaged my saw #1  

fruitcakesa

Veteran Member
Tractor
M6040 JD 450C
Stupidly rolled a log onto my Jonsered 2171 and torqued the handle enough so that the trigger jams and won't release:eek:.
I can't figure out what is the order of disassembly to access the trigger and linkage.
The handles, fuel tank etc. are one piece.
I pulled off the top cover to view the carb and see some allen bolts going down into the fuel tank region.
Thanks for any help

/ damaged my saw #2  
Here's a parts manual. Some exploded views. Maybe it'll help you to see what goes where?

/ damaged my saw #3  
Your lucky. I rolled one onto my 2 YO Husky a few years ago and ruined the saw.

/ damaged my saw #4  
Your lucky. I rolled one onto my 2 YO Husky a few years ago and ruined the saw.
Had a customer roll one onto his 2 hour old @1000 saw a few years back. Cracked the fuel tank bent the bar and chain, and bent the wrap handle.

/ damaged my saw #5  
Had a customer roll one onto his 2 hour old @1000 saw a few years back. Cracked the fuel tank bent the bar and chain, and bent the wrap handle.
I broke a piece off the crankcase which something (chain brake?) was attached to. I didn't like the saw because it never idled right, but still didn't need that expense. OTOH it was just a matter of time before something happened... when you have to hold the throttle open and drop start it several times while limbing one tree, that's an accident waiting to happen.

/ damaged my saw #6  
@Jstpssng See lots of husqvarna/ poulan saws that just don't idle correctly or even some that are boggy at full throttle. See a few Stihls in that boat also. Do lots of carb adjustments due to run issues. Have pulled more than my share of limiter caps also to get them tuned to run correctly.

/ damaged my saw
Moss: I also found that parts breakdown and figured out the disassembly
I ended up fixing the jammed trigger by prying on the handle in the opposite direction that it had been "flexed" when the log rolled on it and that freed up the trigger.
Lesson: check the simple things first.:)

/ damaged my saw #8  
@Jstpssng See lots of husqvarna/ poulan saws that just don't idle correctly or even some that are boggy at full throttle. See a few Stihls in that boat also. Do lots of carb adjustments due to run issues. Have pulled more than my share of limiter caps also to get them tuned to run correctly.
No adjustments, my 545 was autotune. It would have been a great saw if they could have gotten it running right, but I don't think they are very computer savvy.

/ damaged my saw #9  
I always had problems with "rocking" the chain saw chain. My ancient Ponderosa pines were difficult to turn even when cut to shorter lengths.

It became so bad - I quit felling those over 30 inches. Concentrated on the 14" to 20" trees.

Use to really upset me. Spend an hour or more getting the chain razor sharp - two seconds on a rock and it wouldn't cut a cube of butter.

/ damaged my saw #10  
No adjustments, my 545 was autotune. It would have been a great saw if they could have gotten it running right, but I don't think they are very computer savvy.
I know exactly the issue then. Been through that with a customer saw. Requires something like 5 minutes of non stop full throttle to self adjust so it will idle.