Darn loader pins keep slipping out!

/ Darn loader pins keep slipping out! #1  

joenchen

Tractor
B2400
I have a B2400 and the loader pins at the bottom of the loader keep working loose every 30 mins or so of driving around whether I use the loader or not. They look like simple smooth bolts with a holes for a cotter pin BUT the pins DONT extend enough to put cotter pins in. In fact they are flush which make zero sense to me. Is every B loader this way? Am I missing something?

/ Darn loader pins keep slipping out! #2  
They look like simple smooth bolts with a holes for a cotter pin BUT the pins DONT extend enough to put cotter pins in. In fact they are flush which make zero sense to me. Is every B loader this way? Am I missing something?

My loader uses 1/4-20 bolts instead of cotter pins, but I'm guessing the setup is similar. There is a 1/4" hole on the boss for the bolt, I'm guessing you have a hole for a cotter pin. That's why the ends are flush and don't' stick out. You might have to poke around a bit, it could be filled with gunk or dirt.

/ Darn loader pins keep slipping out! #3  
My L series 723 loader uses bolts to hold the pins in place. With nylock nuts to make sure they stay put.

/ Darn loader pins keep slipping out!
Thanks I guess I will be replacing them soon.

/ Darn loader pins keep slipping out! #5  
They are bolted in!

/ Darn loader pins keep slipping out!
Well I cleaned up the loader and found the holes for the pins to lock in place. I feel kinda "dum":confused2:

/ Darn loader pins keep slipping out! #7  
I had the same problem with the cotter keys disapearing and the pin falling out. I got som proper sized bolts and used lock nuts. Never had a problem after that.:thumbsup:

Way back when there should be a thread on the same topic.

/ Darn loader pins keep slipping out! #8  
Well I cleaned up the loader and found the holes for the pins to lock in place. I feel kinda "dum":confused2:

:thumbsup: its no problem- you never know till you ask, that what we are here for.. "dum" questions.:laughing:

/ Darn loader pins keep slipping out! #9  
After reading this thread I looked over my 724 loader on a L3940. I found that all the nuts and bolts were present but some nuts were at or near the end of the bolt. My question is should they be tight to the pin or leave some space so they can move

/ Darn loader pins keep slipping out! #10  
If you don't have a bolt holding it in - drill a hole and tap it and add a bolt to hold it in.