Dash camera advice needed

/ Dash camera advice needed #11  
My Garmin combo GPS and dash cam works well for me.

/ Dash camera advice needed #12  
I bought a Rexing F10 from Amazon earlier this year, it's been a good camera so far. No GPS support though. Can't include a link since I don't have enough posts yet.

/ Dash camera advice needed
Thanks guys for all the input. I will purchase one in the next week or so and let you know which one I chose and why. Thanks again!

/ Dash camera advice needed #14  
Anyone using the Apeman products? They appear to have few problems and good support from the reviews on the Interwebs.

I have 3, ok quality, decent support.

/ Dash camera advice needed #15  
   / Dash camera advice needed #16  
i have a KD links one as well. only one i've had. it is pretty good

/ Dash camera advice needed #17  
I have a Blackvue DR490L-2CH. I hardwired it so hid wires in pillar and headliner and auto start with truck.

High resolution is good so you can get details (license plates, etc) if needed.

Motion sensor. Mine records short video (30 sec?) if something bumps truck.

Dual front and rear cameras - don't know which way strange is coming from.

Large memory card so it does not overwrite too quickly. I also keep a second memory card in truck if I want to pull the card to save a video. Many of the newer camera are doing cellular and wifi connections to pull the videos.

/ Dash camera advice needed #18  
Just got the last pieces I ordered last week. I haven't installed them yet but I powered both up and the video looks to be as good as the Road Rover example I posted above. Both are wifi and have to be set up with the FinalCam app. After they are setup they do not have to be connected to the app. They will just start recording when the engine starts and stop when you shut it off. Both have the motion detection setting so they record a short clip if the vehicle is bumped whether it's running or not. You can access the videos on your phone through the FinalCam app or just pull the sd card and download to your computer.

I also ordered two 32 gig class 10 SanDisk micro sd cards to use in them from seller suzyq5591-5. The total order was less than $80 for both cameras and memory cards.

Here is a photo and description for the one I will put in the windshield of my wife's car. It looks just like the Road Rover I have in my Mustang. This one has a harness to plug into the OBD port which will make hookup super simple. Seller was anglestore.

Clipboard01.jpg

Package Included
1 x Car Digital Video Recorder Camcorder

Features
1. Model: 103
2. No battery no explosion. Circle recording automatically.
3. Built-in WiFi module, you can watch the recorded videos.
download the videos, share the videos from the DVR to your smart phone.
4. Support parking monitoring function can be realized car theft and evidence collection; built-in G-Sensor (3 Axis default open) collision detection sensor.
5. Support AV video output; could connect to your car DVD or car monitor screen playback.( If your car with a car DVD player or Monitor AV input, you could also connect this DVR to it for display.)
6. Support IOS and Android APP manipulation.
7. Just via WiFi, not waste your internet flow. You can search" FinalCAM"or in APP Store or Play Store or Scan the QR code on our packing box
8. Support WiFi/Microphone/Time mark/Seamless Recording/Video Playback/Super Night vision Recording.

Specifications
1. Visual Angle: 170 Degree
2. Recording Resolution : 1920*1080 30fps/1280*720 60fps
3. Work Temperature: -20℃~60℃ / 10℃~80℃
4. Video format: MOV/H
5. Video clip: 1/3/5 min.
6. Video codec: H.264 (MOV/H)
7. Video Output: NTSC/PAL (default NTSC)
8. Storage: TF card( 32G Max) class 6+(Not included)
9. Main Material: ABS
10.Power Supply: 12V ACC
11. Size: 8 x 5 x 4cm

Notes
A. Please don稚 take out the TF card when the DVR is working.
B. The DVR will be on/off automatically when your car ACC is on/off.
C. If there is any problem, please try to press RESET button to cover it.
D. The red part on the recorder is a sticker,please peel it off to stick on the car window

***************************************************************************************************

This is a photo and description for the cheaper one I plan to put in the rear window of my truck. Seller on this one was deal-runner.

Clipboard02.jpg

Color:Car DVR installation instruction: 1.First, we have find the original car insurance box position, to be find the BAT+, ACC fuse, and GND position, If the original vehicle fuse plug the same as the DVR fuse cable plug, we can directly replace the same fuse cable harness plug, in order to the actual car fuse location accurate. 2.GND connect position: It must maintain state power, please clean up the GND connect position ground bottom gum, plastic and other such as insulation is not conductive material before installation, if there is no clean that will cause WIFI to be unable connection, without power and other issues, cause not to be work. 3.Different the original car fuse plug: if the original car fuse harness plug different driving recorder fuse cable plug, we can cut the driving recorder fuse cable plug, peel the cable skin, exposed metal wire core, wound two times around the original car fuse plug,and let fuse the roots to set aside some space inserted into the fuse box position, this picture for reference, in order to the actual car fuse location accurate. Chipset: Novatek NT96655 Sensor: Sony IMX322 Video Resolution:1080P(1920x1080)/ 720P(HD1280x720)/ VGA 640x480 File Format: Image: JPEG, Video: MOV. Power-off File Recovery Function: Support. Date Time Mark: Support. Memory Card: Support up to 32GB Class10 or upper Micro SD/TF Card. Language System: English / Simplified Chinese Dimensions:0.41ft0.22ft0.1ft Night-Vision: Supported Loop Video Clip: 1/3/5 Minutes Optional APP software: FinalCam standard voltage:DC12V

/ Dash camera advice needed #19  
I have the Garmin 35 and bought it after getting a ticket because the Indiana State Trouper was sleeping on I 64. I like it and have installed a 32GB card so it last a long time before looping. Would have gotten the newer model but didn't want all of the things it was going to record. Fund out later you can turn those things off and just have it record what you want. Use a magnetic mount and it fits in front of the rear view mirror.

The cop story: Have the cruise set on 76mph and limit is 70. In the right lane and slowly coming upon a semi (BTW semi is doing 70 and is restricted to 65). Notice in the review that a mid size black chevy is coming up fast, and I mention to the wife "here comes a fast mover". The car passes and I turn on signal and ease into left lane. We are all coming around a bend and here sets a trooper in the median. I don't touch the cruise and continue on. Trooper comes out short later and as I get plenty ahead of semi, tunr signal on and go right.

Black chevy is plenty ahead of me. Cop gets behind me and says I was doing 82. So now I have a dash cam

/ Dash camera advice needed #20  
I have a Viofo A119 and it's pretty good. 1440p recording and capacitor based.
I have a 64GB card and it fills up quick with the resolution. I think each 512MB is about 4-5 minutes.

Last edited: