Daughter on tractor = trust test

/ Daughter on tractor = trust test #51  
I believe in starting kids early when you can enforce good practice. Later when they want to push the limits, they will know enough to see trouble coming and back off. As for the "wrap my baby in cotton wool" mob, I tell them they can let their kid (usually a boy) break an arm today,(and reliase they aren't bullet proof) or go to their funeral tomorrow. They (usually the mother) DON'T like it one bit. Wrapping the kid in cotton wool ensures they leave home ignorant , and they get with the wrong or ignorant group and have serious or fatal crashes. Teach them early!

/ Daughter on tractor = trust test #52  
I believe in starting kids early when you can enforce good practice. Later when they want to push the limits, they will know enough to see trouble coming and back off. As for the "wrap my baby in cotton wool" mob, I tell them they can let their kid (usually a boy) break an arm today,(and realize they aren't bullet proof) or go to their funeral tomorrow. They (usually the mother) DON'T like it one bit. Wrapping the kid in cotton wool ensures they leave home ignorant , and they get with the wrong or ignorant group and have serious or fatal crashes. Teach them early!

Exactly. They should be experienced when they start acting as they please.

/ Daughter on tractor = trust test #53  
Trust someone with your new tractor?...How about Daughters boyfriend and navigating between the barn and assorted vehicles / RV parked there??? I had to tell myself "it's okay, he's a smart young guy, it's okay, he won't wreck anything!" about 5 times before it was all clear that he had it under control just fine.