DEAD IN THE GRASS

/ DEAD IN THE GRASS #1  

MJETT

Tractor
TZ25DA
New to the forum.
I have a New Holland TZ25DA
Wife was mowing yesterday and says tractor stopped moving suddenly as in almost threw her over the steering wheel(sorry i missed that).
I checked the fluid level and it wasnt touching the dipstick but i think that was because it was sitting on a hill. I added some and now its overfull when i finally got it on level ground.
Which brings me to the weird thing. It will only move if the range selector is in Neutral.
If its in High or Low range it only screams like the brake is on.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
   / DEAD IN THE GRASS
Update!
I was messing with it more and shifting between High and Low while driving and it happened again. Dead stop and now the range selector is stuck and the tractor is stuck in the driveway and i cant get it back in the garage.

/ DEAD IN THE GRASS #3  
wouldn't that be a New Holland as apposed to a Massey Ferguson?

/ DEAD IN THE GRASS #4  
If it's 4wd be sure it's in 2 wd.
Pick the front end up in the air on one side, verify you can rotate the tire,
lift the other front wheel make sure it can rotate.
Lift a rear of the ground, try and rotate that tire. It will have some slop in the rotation before it goes very far.
Once you can feel it bumping into the drive train start trying to get your range shifter to move, once you get that in nuetral that tire should rotate some what easily. Then verify that the other side will rotate also.

/ DEAD IN THE GRASS #5  
Sounds like your range selector is locked in both ranges so doing like Lou suggested should get it freed up. Next question is why is that happening??

/ DEAD IN THE GRASS
If it's 4wd be sure it's in 2 wd.
Pick the front end up in the air on one side, verify you can rotate the tire,
lift the other front wheel make sure it can rotate.
Lift a rear of the ground, try and rotate that tire. It will have some slop in the rotation before it goes very far.
Once you can feel it bumping into the drive train start trying to get your range shifter to move, once you get that in nuetral that tire should rotate some what easily. Then verify that the other side will rotate also.
I will try that tomorrow.
Thanks Lou

/ DEAD IN THE GRASS
does anyone know how I can move the thing if I cant get it into neutral?

/ DEAD IN THE GRASS #10  
Why are you shifting between ranges while moving?