Dealer Dealer info in Virginia,

/ Dealer info in Virginia, #31  
For those of you that don't know, Barlow's is a dealer that has a local business. Has a hugh inventory of equipment and parts. Full service department and wants to stay in business, support his wife, pay his bills and help his son. He sells farm equipment locally at decent prices. I imagine someone told someone else in the surrounding area about his fair prices and they called for a price. He could have said no I don't want to sell you a tractor, buy from your local dealer that wants $2500 more from you than I'll sell it too you. As young people say "NOT". Good pricing has kept this local dealer in business so he can sell at good prices and stay in business. More people started calling him and he kept giving good prices. Not being stupid he expanded his sales to whomever wants to buy from him. Most people want to conserve their money so they can buy more not help a local person keep an unprofitable business open at their expense. I also grew up in the 50's and 60's and remember alot of it with a smile but it wasn'tall great. Remember the people down the street that owned a business and were considered wealthier than most in town? Maybe they were, maybe they weren't. Volume sales is where products can be sold for less and the seller still stay in business and the buyer save a few bucks. My pocketbook hunts for a good deal and will sometimes pay a little more if there is a reason that I can justify. Steve and Brady are a father and son just trying to make a living by making a good deal andservicing their customers far and wide.

Well put. I purchased from Brady and will never regret it as he had a better price than the dealer 4 miles down the road from me. To my surprise when I found a small leak in a hydraulic line about 4 weeks after delivery and thought how tough it was going to be to get the local dealer to fix it under warranty whereas I didn't purchase it from him. I had done quite a bit of busy with them in the past but putting that aside as it is all new people I had to do business with now, they fixed it without one word being said and told me to bring it anytime and they would be more than happy to work on it for me.
I was always against purchacing on the internet, but if all are as good as Brady Barlow I'll do it again.