Dealing with leaves on a scut

/ Dealing with leaves on a scut #11  
Deere has a material collection system for their SCUTs. Not sure if the other brands do.
LS has a couple of baggers, but I've never checked on pricing or availability. Looks like it's only for the littlest guys though:

/ Dealing with leaves on a scut #12  
I've blown them into big piles (with a big backpack blower) and pushed the piles with a dozer or bucket, and also filled the bucket (especially with wet matted leaves mixed in with a little gravel). I also have a County Line landscape rake and it does fine with leaves, though it tends to move more than just leaves. I wouldn't use that rake on the lawn.

I've thought about 3PT blowers, but they're too pricey. Maybe if I found a nice used one....

/ Dealing with leaves on a scut #13  
From my avatar you can see I live in the middle of a forest. I have two dozen trees in the lawn as well. I used to do the blower thing....hours and hours of it.

Two years ago bought Gator blades for the rider I have. Much easier way to handle leaves. This year I am getting a ZT and putting Gator blades on it as well. I deal primarily with oak, birch and maple leaves. One set of blades has lasted two fall seasons and I leave them on for grass cutting too.

I have a rake for my tractor but mulching is faster IMO. Also better for the grass if the leaves are chopped up sufficiently.

I normally need to do 2-3 "leaf clearings" per fall. Sitting on my fat butt and driving around is not too strenuous...LOL

/ Dealing with leaves on a scut #14  
Newer research has shown that tree leaves of all kinds decay initially acidic but later on decay further to neutral state. So, don't remove the leaves because old research said they cause acidity in the soil.

/ Dealing with leaves on a scut #16  
I have been using a backpack blower to to deal with the leaves. It takes me 3 to 4 hours each session as the leaves fall in autumn. I have to repeat these sessions for 3 to 5 weekends to get them moved. Anybody using a sub compact for leaf removal? Is there a rear 3pt rake that works for you? I realize it’s not leaf season but I am considering a scut tractor purchase and I’m looking at leaf removal as one of my considerations in my purchase decision.
Yeah, I think of going to the lake and fishing all weekend with my buddy at his lake shack. There's that one neighbor that stays out ALL weekend trying to blow two acres of pine straw and leaves. I bet he can tell you anything you want to know about leaf blowers. When he dies, he will have spent more time blowing than he has spent with his wife and kids. This dude is ****, blows it every day. If the wind blows a little, he comes out with extra gas. There's work to be done. He don't even fish, ever. Just lives on the lake and blows the ground to the dirt every day.

Grandpa, can you come watch me graduate kindergarten?

No, honey, grandpa has to blow the yard off, you know this. Yep, there's always work to be done. A man with two acres can never rest. Good luck.

/ Dealing with leaves on a scut #17  
I'll tell ya what I bought and how well it DIDN"T work for me. I got a JD zero turn with the hard-mounted leaf collection system. What an expensive mistake that was. If you have a wet lawn, and who doesn't in late fall, this thing is useless. I should have bought a regular tractor instead. JD's Zero turns are way overpowered to the drive wheels which only compounds the problem. Add lawn tires to it and you have one useless piece of crap. I may at some point put AGS on it. But I can tell ya this much, this is the last zero turn for me. Even in dry conditions it just tears the lawn all up. Expensive lesson learned. I do use it on my other piece of property where I don't care if it chews up the grass. But it's useless when it's wet. And I still have to revert to using one of the tractors to mow.

/ Dealing with leaves on a scut #18  
I had a neighbor once that swept and vacuumed his back deck.
I guess he didn't like leaf blowers.
He was out every possible weekend mowing his grass.
I could tell he hated when a few leaves from my property would sit up against the fence (on my side), caught him pulling the leaves through by hand.
I don;t think he talked to any other neighbors either.

/ Dealing with leaves on a scut #19  
I have been using a backpack blower to to deal with the leaves. It takes me 3 to 4 hours each session as the leaves fall in autumn. I have to repeat these sessions for 3 to 5 weekends to get them moved. Anybody using a sub compact for leaf removal? Is there a rear 3pt rake that works for you? I realize it’s not leaf season but I am considering a scut tractor purchase and I’m looking at leaf removal as one of my considerations in my purchase decision.
I would check out a pine straw needle rake. Titan has a 4' on sale now for $259.99

I have a Landscape Rake and it's pretty rough on the lawn.
If I was looking for strictly leaf removal I would research the Pine Straw Needle Rake!

/ Dealing with leaves on a scut #20  
I've used an AgriMetal PTO powered leaf blower for the last 25 years and it's been bullet proof. If you have trees dotting the landscape to remove leaves from these are the ideal tool. They have a small footprint for storage and other than an occasional greasing are pretty much maintenance free. Being close coupled to the 3 pt. makes it easy to get into tight spots or back up around objects too.