Comparison Decision time. L4701/L3901/L4060/L3560/B3350

/ Decision time. L4701/L3901/L4060/L3560/B3350 #61  
I was a fan of the new 1533 HST, I was about to sign on the dotted line for one until I found a used cabbed 05 4320 which I love.

It's smooth driving and I was really impressed with how smooth the FEL was. For my needs turbo 48hp is more than plenty, half throttle for most of my tasks with FEL. Mine is a 3 range HST, shifting into the diff ranges can be a bit of a bear but mostly I'm in mid range.

I really like the separate forward and reverse peddles, I wouldn't prefer a heel toe, I could get used to one but wasn't a fan of the ones I looked at. Mine is 4wd and even know my tractor weighs in at around 5200lbs, 4wd is needed often, I'm running unloaded R4 industrial tires (stock titans).

I looked at the E series 3038 JD and wasn't really a fan, it could lift more and was heavier than the L4060 I looked at but I liked the Kubota better, I liked the Mahindra most of all.

Yes the L non grand has 3 range HST, the E series has a 2 range. The Mahindra had a 3 series HST and could lift 500lbs more on the FEL.

I wouldn't say my tractor is too big, I would say it's perfect for what I need it for, that's moving round bales with FEL and clearing snow with a rear blade, both jobs it exceeds at.

One very important bit of info I got off here, on a grade with a heavy load on the FEL pop the tractor in 4WD, if the rear gets light or comes off the ground and your in 2WD you no longer have breaks, a bit of info I didn't have to learn the hard way thankfully.