Deer season

/ Deer season #111  
We’re so blessed to have somewhere to hunt. They have built so many houses around here. This isn’t the biggest one on camera but my wife hasn’t gotten anything this year and I hope she can get one or two of the big ones.

View attachment 627223
View attachment 627224
You sound like a super nice guy, of the rare types that just makes everyone around them happy. I wish more people were like you.

/ Deer season #112  
40B1E288-E83C-48E8-BDC2-FBB28B23B340.jpeg

New Hampshire Muzzleloader Opening Day.........
Went out at first light with a buddy to a spot in southern NH somewhere between here and there. A little brisk early, found myself on a pussyfoot spot and stalk still hunt. 2.5 hrs into the am I thought I jumped up a buck, but soon realized he was on the run checking his scapes. He made a mistake keeping his nose too long in the scrape....

BOOOOOMMMMMM..................7pt, 154#

Being a bunch of old guys it took longer to drag him out of the woods.

Funny with all the posts above about game cams, while dragging this guy out we bumped into a hunter in a tree stand. He came down and said he had this buck on camera most of the summer, and walked away with no words. :confused3:

/ Deer season
View attachment 627431

Went out at first light with a buddy to a spot in southern NH somewhere between here and there. A little brisk early, found myself on a pussyfoot spot and stalk still hunt. 2.5 hrs into the am I thought I jumped up a buck, but soon realized he was on the run checking his scapes. He made a mistake keeping his nose too long in the scrape....

Funny with all the posts above about game cams, while dragging this guy out we bumped into a hunter in a tree stand. He came down and said he had this buck on camera most of the summer, and walked away with no words. :confused3:

Congratulations! Nice buck.

Yeah people get deer on camera around here and think they own the deer. I don’t get it. I love getting pictures and seeing what’s there but they are by no means our deer. With horns comes jealousy sometimes. Glad I’m not that way!

/ Deer season
I had some pictures of this deer up until about two weeks ago. Friend got him Saturday morning 1/2 a mile away. He and I get a lot of the same deer on camera and he winds up shooting most of them, lol.

IMG_2905.jpg
IMG_2904.jpg

/ Deer season #115  
View attachment 627431

:thumbsup:

/ Deer season #116  
I had some pictures of this deer up until about two weeks ago. Friend got him Saturday morning 1/2 a mile away. He and I get a lot of the same deer on camera and he winds up shooting most of them, lol.

View attachment 627452
View attachment 627453

Oh My, you guys growem big down there......Congrats:thumbsup:

I do understand the disappointment from very diligent hunters and I respect that. But the last few years I have not done any pre scouting but rather I show up to familiar spots when the season opens. One of the reasons I like hunting and fishing is it’s a game of chance, everyone has the same possibility of blasting a big boy or catching a monster fish.
I do take it a little personal when a guy sets his tree stand thinking that no one else in the world hasn’t seen this spot and he claims it for his own, then I show up before him and he tries to boot me out, claims it’s his spot he’s been hunting all bow season. If i see a guy in the tree I about face quietly and move on.

Edit: Public land only

/ Deer season
Wife saw this one today and her muzzle loader wouldn’t cock. From a lack of cleaning on my part. I feel so bad.

IMG_3127.jpg
IMG_3128.jpg
IMG_3129.jpg
IMG_3130.jpg

/ Deer season #118  
That's disappointing. Hopefully she gets another chance at him!!!