Deer season

/ Deer season #41  
I never plant anything. Our northern Michigan land abuts a national forest so always plenty of deer and I have no desire to shoot a buck, I prefer a doe for eating. I already have enough mounts in the house, wife don't want any more. By Thursday I'll know if I'm Elk hunting this year. My only requirement is it's a 180 or better buck or I don't shoot it.

Locally, I'm hunting on private land and using my 460 S&W XVR revolver. For Elk under 500 yards, 308 custom built rifle and over 500, 338 Lapua. In reality, I could skip this year entirely. The deep freeze has elk, deer and bear in it right now. If I took a 180+ Bull, I'd have to buy another freezer and I already have 2 full.

I wish all of you the best of luck and hope you fill out your bag as it keeps them off the roads and off people's bumpers. Just be ethical hunters, not slob hunters. Leave the land they way you found it and bury the guts, don't leave them for the yotes.

/ Deer season
Haven’t seen this guy in about a month. Glad he’s still around and hopefully my wife can get him this evening as she’s gone with her crossbow.
IMG_0514.JPG
IMG_0518.JPG
IMG_0521.JPG
IMG_0525.JPG

/ Deer season
Buckwheat is coming up but needs a drink.
IMG_0493.JPG
IMG_0494.JPG

/ Deer season #45  
Congrats to your friend. That's a once in a life time buck!!!

/ Deer season #46  
My 17 year old daughter is stoked to go hunting Sept 28-29 weekend. Youth and apprentice hunter weekend, here in Virginia. doe or buck. We have a great field to set up next to in a blind. I was very successful in it last year and I am hoping she gets lucky there this year. My wife wants to put more venison in the freezer, but we are renting so we don't have a deep freeze any more. Gave it to my other daughter and put a few deer in it last year too. Our current setup will only hold about 75 lbs of venison before My wife tells me no more.

/ Deer season
My 17 year old daughter is stoked to go hunting Sept 28-29 weekend. Youth and apprentice hunter weekend, here in Virginia. doe or buck. We have a great field to set up next to in a blind. I was very successful in it last year and I am hoping she gets lucky there this year. My wife wants to put more venison in the freezer, but we are renting so we don't have a deep freeze any more. Gave it to my other daughter and put a few deer in it last year too. Our current setup will only hold about 75 lbs of venison before My wife tells me no more.

Good luck to your daughter! Our son is wanting to shoot one, he thinks, he's only 7. September 28th is youth day here as well and kids can use any weapon.

/ Deer season #49  
and bury the guts, don't leave them for the yotes.

I have never heard of anyone burying the guts. “The birds gotta eat, the same as the worms”.

Around here, by the next morning there is nothing but a smelly smear on the ground.