Deer season

/ Deer season #61  
Maybe I'm confused. I thought I read about this buck over there and some of the guys where commenting on it.

/ Deer season
Buckwheat is looking good that was planted Labor Day. Hasn’t had any rain on it.

IMG_0921.JPG

/ Deer season #64  
Yeah this weather is CRAZY! I have worked hard all summer to get my plot ready for this fall and the weather has totally derailed my plans. It is awfully hard to plat a winter food plot when it is hot and dry so I had to take matters into my own hands. I have a creek running just a few feet from my plot so I thought I would irrigate. Bought a HF irrigation pump and intake hose and set up some sprinklers.
The sprinklers can reach about 70 percent of the food plot. I figure it is a good start. Planted whitetail institute clover and chickory. I hope it works!!
KIMG0180.JPGKIMG0179.JPGKIMG0186.JPG

/ Deer season
Buckwheat is flowering

IMG_1073.JPG

/ Deer season
Nice 10 pt showed up this week. Hopefully my wife can put a tag on him.

IMG_1071.JPG
IMG_1069.JPG
IMG_1065.JPG
IMG_1060.JPG

/ Deer season #67  
Today was the first day of youth and apprentice deer weekend in virginia. Sunrise was 7:06. We were in the blind at 6:15. I realized inleft my range finder and my knockers in the house so i hoofed it back and we were once again settled in at 625. First legal light was 6:36. By 7 we had watched a doe and fawn walk thru the field. And at 7:06 my daughter pulled the trigger on her first deer. 150 yds. Broadside thru the lungs and hit the top of the heart. Less than 10 minutes later, she shot a second doe in almost the same spot. Brodside. Thru the heart. .243 Remington model Seven. She was all smiles and asking when we can go again. She is 17. I took her hunting once before, 4 years ago. We didn’t see anything that day
IMG_3969.JPG

/ Deer season
Today was the first day of youth and apprentice deer weekend in virginia. Sunrise was 7:06. We were in the blind at 6:15. I realized inleft my range finder and my knockers in the house so i hoofed it back and we were once again settled in at 625. First legal light was 6:36. By 7 we had watched a doe and fawn walk thru the field. And at 7:06 my daughter pulled the trigger on her first deer. 150 yds. Broadside thru the lungs and hit the top of the heart. Less than 10 minutes later, she shot a second doe in almost the same spot. Brodside. Thru the heart. .243 Remington model Seven. She was all smiles and asking when we can go again. She is 17. I took her hunting once before, 4 years ago. We didn’t see anything that day
View attachment 622819

That’s awesome! Congratulations to your daughter.

It helps us remember to humble ourselves and realize you don’t have to get a monster buck to be happy, it’s the memories made and the wonderful meals that follow if your blessed to get one, or two.

/ Deer season #69  
Get the most out of your game meat...always remember:
The quality of the meat harvested from game animals is 100% related to a quick kill and the cooling process that starts the second the heart stops...
For the best quality meat...big game should be field dressed as soon as possible after the kill...(also applies to domestic meat stock)...

/ Deer season #70  
Bucks are hammering the food plot

Attachments

• PICT0958.JPG
    PICT0958.JPG
    879.8 KB · Views: 92