DEERE 2032R RIO EASY DEFEAT

/ DEERE 2032R RIO EASY DEFEAT #11  
From comments that I have read in the past, We have to do this to keep from running over the children. So if just the mower deck shuts down and not the tractor you would still be able to run them over.

I think we have to do this because of some idiot in Washington DC who never actually mowed a lawn. That's just my opinion of course and I never run out of opinions.

/ DEERE 2032R RIO EASY DEFEAT #12  
I think we have to do this because of some idiot in Washington DC who never actually mowed a lawn. That's just my opinion of course and I never run out of opinions.

I don't know where the idiot lived, but DoubleDeer is correct. And after the idiot mowed down his kid, he sued JD. And won!

And for the same reason, there is a decal on the front of a cotton picker head warning us to not stick our foot into the spindles when they are running.

/ DEERE 2032R RIO EASY DEFEAT #13  
IIRC the mower that backed over a kid initially was a Craftsman. But the litigation that was handed down made all mfg's aware of the potential suits.
But just last fall, there was someone who chopped up their kid with a riding mower in the Milwaukee, WI area. No idea what brand, or what the RIO conditions were at the time. So the "idiots" are still getting on their mowers and mowing with children in the area.
Witness it often when kids are playing in the yard within feet of a rider mower or a push mower. No regard or care given to their safety from thrown debris.
I actually stopped along a country road once to address/confront the rider mower driver who had a little red wagon tied behind his running rider mower with a toddler riding in the wagon. He wasn't happy that I was concerned, but I didn't care and just hoped he'd give it some more thought before continuing to do what he was doing.

/ DEERE 2032R RIO EASY DEFEAT #14  
It is sad when things like that happen but I highly doubt that JD's RIO is going to prevent it from happening. It's like Beenthere said " thrown debris ". I can't count how many times I have been driving and see somebody intentionally driving across driveways and areas of loose gravel throwing gravel and rocks at motorists and they don't even seem to care. It's like I tell my boss all the time you can't fix stupid.

/ DEERE 2032R RIO EASY DEFEAT #15  
It's not just JD with RIO it all manufactures that have RIO. The firm lawyer have to follow the laws to cover there butts.
Now if you disconnect the RIO and something happen you are of luck on a law suit.
I understand the problem we have with the RIO but I also understand were the manufacture coming from.

/ DEERE 2032R RIO EASY DEFEAT #16  
Just to confirm that BACARDI-151's RIO defeat does work on the 2025R. Got mine done today and can now be numbered with the transgressors. JKR, not all manufactures have RIO on them either. My 440 Steiner does not have it and my dad's new Exmark does not have it.

/ DEERE 2032R RIO EASY DEFEAT #17  
. I understand the problem we have with the RIO but I also understand were the manufacture coming from.

Yes they are covering their butts and can't blame them. Simple common sense seems to no longer exist in some people and the fact that some one can go after anyone because it is never their fault. Remember the lady that spilled coffee in her lap wile driving and was burned, she didn't know the coffee was hot, McDonalds should have warned her. McDonalds paid.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ DEERE 2032R RIO EASY DEFEAT #18  
Thank you for posting this. We just got a 2032 and I gave it a fair shake using this ******* RIO switch. I rolled down a **** hill, shut the tractor down twice, cussed up a storm. This is literally the most stupid device that ANY tractor company could come up with. As soon as I quit mowing I came in and did a web search on this stupid device. Found a video and this post, this post was an easier fix than the video so I went with this, piece of cake. I now have a usable tractor designed by some moron who obviously votes sanders.

/ DEERE 2032R RIO EASY DEFEAT #19  
I defeated mine on my 1026r, I also defeated it on my neighbors 2025r about a month ago. On both I simply unbolted the plunger switch and used a heavy zip tie to keep the plunger pressed in then wrapped it with electrical tape. The 2025r is underneath the tractor just in front of the transmission, takes 5 minutes. The 1026r is a little harder because the switch is hidden under the cover just below the seat. Mine has been done over a year without issue, your just making the tractor think its never in reverse. The plunger switch stays closed in forward but when you press the reverse pedal it allows space for the plunger to open, im simply not letting the plunger open when you press the reverse pedal. Also it is very simple to put it back if you ever choose to. Just another option to defeat it. The seat switch was priority #1 and rio was #2 to make them "usable" for me.

Last edited:
   / DEERE 2032R RIO EASY DEFEAT #20  
Yes they are covering their butts and can't blame them. Simple common sense seems to no longer exist in some people and the fact that some one can go after anyone because it is never their fault. Remember the lady that spilled coffee in her lap wile driving and was burned, she didn't know the coffee was hot, McDonalds should have warned her. McDonalds paid.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

It is really amazing anyone over thirty is alive. I just don't understand how anyone managed to grow up without all these extra safety devices.:mur: