Deere 50xxE Series Batteries

LouNY

Tractor
Branson 8050, IH 574, Oliver 1550 Diesel Utility (traded in on Branson)
Just the pricing :laughing:
They used to say the plates where better supported to handle vibration and shocks better.

OP
CobyRupert

CobyRupert

Tractor
JD 5075E
Just the pricing :laughing:
They used to say the plates where better supported to handle vibration and shocks better.

You got that right!

I can't complain. The existing India factory battery is at least 6-7 years old. I saw a faded tag on it that said 09/05, but I couldn't tell if there was a another number (the year) too faded to read. As soon as I wiped it with my hand I could no longer see any numbers. I can't believe it's from '09 or '05 in a ~2012 tractor? Never know.

This time of year it only gets started once or twice a month, which is not good for a battery, so I'm tempted to make excuses and say "Maybe it's still good, but it just needs a little recharge in this cold, plus the oil is thick, plus I ran the intake heater, etc..." instead of biting the bullet for a new battery. After using tractor for 2-3 hours yesterday maybe I'll test it tonight. .....I have a problem knowing when to stop tinkering and just throw things away.

LouNY

Tractor
Branson 8050, IH 574, Oliver 1550 Diesel Utility (traded in on Branson)
That is good life out of a battery, a lot of people swear by the maintainer type chargers to keep a battery up to snuff.
A possibility if power is available. I use one on the motorcycle and occasionally on the sander truck, seems to help.