Deere MX10 Long Term Experience

/ Deere MX10 Long Term Experience #1  

leeave96

Silver Member
Tractor
Wheelhorse 520H & 314-8
Anyone have a JD MX10 rotary cutter in service for several years? What is your experience with it? Looked at a used one today. I’ve read they had gear box issues, but the newer ones are better?

How is your MX10 holding up? How heavy brush to you cut - we have a lot of autum olives. Any gearbox damage? How much hp in front of it? Do wish you had bought an HX10 instead? I’ve heard stumps are the death of these mowers. We have some low to the ground stumps we wack ocassionally with our light duty 5ft bush hogs, but no gearbox failures - yet. Wondering how the MX10 would hold up to the beating...

Any positive or negative experience with a JD MX10 is much appreciated!!!

/ Deere MX10 Long Term Experience #2  
Anyone have a JD MX10 rotary cutter in service for several years? What is your experience with it? Looked at a used one today. I’ve read they had gear box issues, but the newer ones are better?

How is your MX10 holding up? How heavy brush to you cut - we have a lot of autum olives. Any gearbox damage? How much hp in front of it? Do wish you had bought an HX10 instead? I’ve heard stumps are the death of these mowers. We have some low to the ground stumps we wack ocassionally with our light duty 5ft bush hogs, but no gearbox failures - yet. Wondering how the MX10 would hold up to the beating...

I did not own an MX-10, but did own an MX-8 twin spindle for about 10 years. It was a flawless machine that did more than I could possibly ask.
Had 70-90HP in front of it. I cut brush and saplings bigger than it’s rated capacity of 2” and never had a problem.

Now have a CX-15 and it is much bigger and heavier duty. Been very pleased with it, too.

I highly recommend John Deere rotary cutters. Looking for a CX-20 all the time

/ Deere MX10 Long Term Experience
I did not own an MX-10, but did own an MX-8 twin spindle for about 10 years. It was a flawless machine that did more than I could possibly ask.
Had 70-90HP in front of it. I cut brush and saplings bigger than it’s rated capacity of 2” and never had a problem.

Now have a CX-15 and it is much bigger and heavier duty. Been very pleased with it, too.

I highly recommend John Deere rotary cutters. Looking for a CX-20 all the time
Thanks for the info - much appreciated!

/ Deere MX10 Long Term Experience #4  

I bought an HX10 a few years ago, its a monster. I pull it with a Ford 5610 and it will struggle on steep hills and heavy brush. I'd go for an HX10 if you can power it, it has a better PTO driveline mainly.