DEF

/ DEF #11  
If this is only ½ right, it's still a disaster. Doesn't Bershire/Hathaway own UP? They also have the only rail line coming out of the Dakota's for the oil produced there, since there are no more pipelines....

I often wonder how many windmills will have to be mounted to a 24 row corn combine? Or how many solar panels it will take to power CAT mining truck 24/7.

Here's a list of all railroads in SD and ND.

UP isn't on either of these lists. Why? Because they don't go through either of the Dakotas!!

From UP's own website

F2D8A953-E01E-4D17-AA08-5006964951A2.jpeg

/ DEF #12  
That article or one like it floated around the RV forums late last year. I did see empty shelves at Home Depot, Menards, and other retailers but that has passed. Good stock of DEF at all the retailers I frequent.

/ DEF #13  
On an unrelated note: I've been seeing "Premium" Def around lately. Anybody know what makes it premium and if it is worth the extra money?

/ DEF #14  
No more pipelines? There are thousands of miles of pipelines in oil country.
Referring to the statement that there are no pipe lines or Rail lines;

I say, As a person who worked on rail lines and in the energy business in WY, SD and ND, this statement is as far off as the moon. Pluto moons that is.

/ DEF #15  
Referring to the statement that there are pipe line or Rail lines;

I say, As a person who worked on rail lines and in the energy business in WY, SD and ND, this statement is as far off as the moon. Pluto moons that is.
Did you see the pipeline map posted by Moss road?

/ DEF #17  
My bad, I meant to say No NEW pipelines. And no new refineries, although some have increased capacity, it's still not enough.

/ DEF #18  
My bad, I meant to say No NEW pipelines. And no new refineries, although some have increased capacity, it's still not enough.
True. Refinery capacity is the biggest bottleneck in this country for fuel. Many cannot cannot keep up processing the amounts of crude that is being supplied.

/ DEF #19  
It appears to me that in this country, putting the word 'Premium' in front of anything just entails a price increase. DEF is DEF, Urea in solution with Dionized water. Nothing more and no additives either. It does have a shelf life however and in the past, I've purchased off date DEF to spray on my hayfields as a foiliar application. Works good too. Smells like cat pee however. None of my tractors or vehicles require it. I'm 100% good with that.

/ DEF #20  
True. Refinery capacity is the biggest bottleneck in this country for fuel. Many cannot cannot keep up processing the amounts of crude that is being supplied.
One thing to keep in mind that when building a new refinery all the rules and regulations put forth by the various alphabet agencies have to be followed to the letter and that makes building new facilities very cost prohibitive, consequently no private company like Shell or anyone else wants to embark on such a costly undertaking. Just keep running the existing ones. Makes perfectly good business sense to me.