Definitive list of PTO driven equipment and 3 pt. attachments?

/ Definitive list of PTO driven equipment and 3 pt. attachments? #21  
Like all of them since 1918 when IH introduced them?

/ Definitive list of PTO driven equipment and 3 pt. attachments? #22  
PTO Generator
PTO water pumps
Post hole diggers
PTO sprayers
PTO Wood chippers
PTO branch loggers
Spading machine
PTO potato digger
Mowers - rotary, finish, flail, drum
PTO mulcher
Log splitters (if using PTO hydraulic pumps)
Tiller
Balers
Cement mixers
Brooms
Forestry winch
Snow blowers
PTO powered trailers
Logging trailers using PTO to power the hydraulic pump
Backhoes using PTO pump
Stump grinder

The list goes on and on for sure.
You’re not even close. You listed no Ag implements aside from pumps and sprayers. Didn’t even touch hay equipment, come’on man.

/ Definitive list of PTO driven equipment and 3 pt. attachments? #23  
You’re not even close. You listed no Ag implements aside from pumps and sprayers. Didn’t even touch hay equipment, come’on man.
Go ahead, feel free add to the list.

And I said baler which is hay equipment as far as I know. :)

Hay equipment
Manure and fertilizer spreading equipment
Grain equipment

/ Definitive list of PTO driven equipment and 3 pt. attachments? #24  
A lot of that stuff doesn't use the PTO. My spin on the request is to get a comprehensive idea of what can be done with the PTO, then evaluate those tasks with the property possibilities leading, ultimately to determine how much PTO power may be needed...in some cases the PTO could be too powerful.
As per the title.

Definitive list of PTO driven equipment and 3 pt. attachments

I was trying not to assume anything. There are quite a few PTO implements in the catalog I believe, if that is where you want to look. There are over 500 items, I'm sure there are a few PTO driven 3pt implements shown.

/ Definitive list of PTO driven equipment and 3 pt. attachments? #25  
My sincerest apologies. In that case, your link was super helpful.

/ Definitive list of PTO driven equipment and 3 pt. attachments? #26  
Try this . . .

Made by Mercedes, this vehicle has a bazillion uses and variations. 4 WD, PTO, hydraulics, attachments of all kinds, armored versions for the military, used on farms, as shipping container movers, road/rail vehicles, snowplows, fire engines, basically any use imaginable, and then some.

And of course, it ain't cheap . . .

Best Regards,

Mike/Florida

/ Definitive list of PTO driven equipment and 3 pt. attachments? #27  
Try this . . .

Made by Mercedes, this vehicle has a bazillion uses and variations. 4 WD, PTO, hydraulics, attachments of all kinds, armored versions for the military, used on farms, as shipping container movers, road/rail vehicles, snowplows, fire engines, basically any use imaginable, and then some.

And of course, it ain't cheap . . .

Best Regards,

Mike/Florida
What does a truck have to do with this thread?

/ Definitive list of PTO driven equipment and 3 pt. attachments? #28  
Iman asks "What does a truck have to do with this thread?"

Actually, quite a bit. The original Unimog was designed as an agricultural implement, specifically as a tractor which could accept a wide variety of attachments and other implements (including 540 and 1,000 rpm PTOs, front and rear) for various uses around farms AND it was also designed to be road-legal so the farmers could take their produce to market with the same vehicle.

When you think about it, it is an alternative to having a tractor AND a pickup truck (or pickup and trailer combo), instead, you have one multi-purpose vehicle which works your land and then can deliver the produce.

Most other tractor makers never made the jump to "road legal" although tractors are driven on roads every day anyway even though they are not really suitable as road vehicles (too slow, often too big, hi-viz triangles for safety, they don't fit well with the US mix of traffic). The biggest difference was that the Unimog had all four tires the same size instead of small in front and big in back. (The tread width was designed as "two rows of potatoes".)

Remember that farms in Europe are much smaller than farms here, and the "distance to town" is a lot shorter, and the Unimog tractor was designed to suit this.

After it was well established and in use as a farm vehicle, people looked at it and said "Hey, lets see if we can convert this to a (whatever)", and they did.

Best Regards,

Mike/Florida

/ Definitive list of PTO driven equipment and 3 pt. attachments? #29  
What does a truck have to do with this thread?
That specific truck can have both a 3pt hitch and/or ag-style PTO (on either/both front or back) from what I understand.....

So the things that can use a 3pt and (ag-style) PTO implements isn't limited to tractors which means there's an even wider assortment of implements that could be used on tractors coming from a community that may have little to do with tractors. 🤞

Really anything that can be driven by a motor could be turned into a PTO-driven implement -- by just about anyone (or group of any ones) with the appropriate skills & creativity.

Personally I'd think that in some cases using a PTO-generator would be the easier thing to do rather than say figuring out how to use a PTO to drive something like a drill*

*at least a handheld drill or drill press - something for drilling wells would probably be better suited to direct PTO attachment (for example: Well Drilling Equipment, Portable Drill Rigs, Hydraulic Drill Rigs, Geothermal)

:unsure: wonder if anyone has made a 3pt PTO-driven refrigerator ....could work as both a ballast weight and a place to store lunch, snacks, and a few drinks :LOL:

/ Definitive list of PTO driven equipment and 3 pt. attachments? #30  
That sounds like a great separate thread, but this is about attachments, not attachees. ;)