Del Morino Funny Super Adjustment

/ Del Morino Funny Super Adjustment
As usual they do not understand these mowers and how they work.

You need to decide what height of the three positions you want and need to mow at.

The highest bolt hole setting of the three will give you the best closest cut.
The middle hole will make the cut one inch lower and the bottom bolt hole
the highest cut height.

If your lower links are fully retracted which they appear to be they need to be extended one or two holes
at a time along with your top link to find the right place for it to work and maintain a level flail mower to lift
the shredder to allow the rotation cylinder to rotate the mower to vertical or allow it to drop below the
horizontal plane to mow a downward sloped bank.

These boom mounted shredders are designed to work with the three point hitch fully elevated with the boom fully extended
to the right to mow hedges, vineyards berry cane hedges and mow weed trees back along a lane or road.

I have to finish my chores but I will come back to this.
Thanks I'll take all the help I can get.

/ Del Morino Funny Super Adjustment #12  
I wonder........ is the 3" cutting height when you use hammers rather than the knives. Are the hammers shorter than the knives.

/ Del Morino Funny Super Adjustment #13  
As usual they do not understand these mowers and how they work.

If your lower links are fully retracted which they appear to be they need to be extended one or two holes
at a time along with your top link to find the right place for it to work and maintain a level flail mower to lift
the shredder to allow the rotation cylinder to rotate the mower to vertical or allow it to drop below the
horizontal plane to mow a downward sloped bank.

These boom mounted shredders are designed to work with the three point hitch fully elevated with the boom fully extended
to the right to mow hedges, vineyards berry cane hedges and mow weed trees back along a lane or road.

I have to finish my chores but I will come back to this.
Who is "they"? Second question, does this tractor have adjustable bottom 3PH links? That's not common. At least for a JD. For mine there are only a few adjustments. Roller position, top link adjustment (I have a hydraulic toplink), 3PH height and mine has adjustable skids on the sides. I use the float position on the toplink and put my 3PH lift arms in float position. If everything gets setup and the way you want it but it doesn't lift high enough you may have to adjust the lift arm height so it lifts higher. That doesn't change range of travel just the lift height. Leon is correct in that the cutters like you have aren't so much for mowing flat fields but for hedge and ditchbank mowing. I've never adjusted one of those because I have a rotary ditchbank cutter. My flail is a 10' slide model.

/ Del Morino Funny Super Adjustment #14  
oosik, I'm guessing he has hammers. I would think they would put hammers on a ditchbank mower. I have no idea if they are shorter. I've never seen the knives for mine.

/ Del Morino Funny Super Adjustment #15  
Just ask the seller to produce a customized rear roller bracket, you can get any cutting height you want, just cut down some plates and weld them together, easy work.

By the way, I see there isn't safety valve on your mower tilting cylinder, consider Del Morino is an Italy brand, this is againt Europe safety standard and sell it in the US market, funny.

oosik, I'm guessing he has hammers. I would think they would put hammers on a ditchbank mower. I have no idea if they are shorter. I've never seen the knives for mine.
It has hammers but per the manufacture specs on capabilities Y's or hammers are the same. The three point arms are telescopic.

1676549009089.png

Last edited:
   / Del Morino Funny Super Adjustment #17  
So extend the 3PH arms if they are designed to do that. I thought those telescopic arms were just for hooking up an implement. That's how mine were on my 5310 and on this 5090 I have. But I can't run them extended.

So extend the 3PH arms if they are designed to do that. I thought those telescopic arms were just for hooking up an implement. That's how mine were on my 5310 and on this 5090 I have. But I can't run them extended.
I'm not sure yet if they have multiple positions or as yours did, just for hooking up. New machine and the flail was hooked up when delivered. Will be looking into it.

/ Del Morino Funny Super Adjustment #19  
I'm not sure yet if they have multiple positions or as yours did, just for hooking up. New machine and the flail was hooked up when delivered. Will be looking into it.

I have an older Kioti and the extendable 3PH arms are only for hooking up, they don't lock extended. When people say adjust 3PH arms they are likely referring to to adjustments where the lift links attach to the arms. The owner's manual doesn't appear to explain this, but I've attached a picture of what to look for. You can adjust the connection between the vertical link, circled in blue, and the 3PH arm circled in red. Depending on which holes you use it adjusts how high the arm raises. In the picture I attached there are holes in the vertical arm and the 3PH arm. If you post a picture of the back of your tractor we can help show you which holes to use. I have a more basic del Morino and agree the rear roller doesn't allow a high enough cut on its own, I have to extend my top link a lot, but it works fine that way.

3PH.jpg

I have an older Kioti and the extendable 3PH arms are only for hooking up, they don't lock extended. When people say adjust 3PH arms they are likely referring to to adjustments where the lift links attach to the arms. The owner's manual doesn't appear to explain this, but I've attached a picture of what to look for. You can adjust the connection between the vertical link, circled in blue, and the 3PH arm circled in red. Depending on which holes you use it adjusts how high the arm raises. In the picture I attached there are holes in the vertical arm and the 3PH arm. If you post a picture of the back of your tractor we can help show you which holes to use. I have a more basic del Morino and agree the rear roller doesn't allow a high enough cut on its own, I have to extend my top link a lot, but it works fine that way.

View attachment 784206
I'm not sure I have the same options. There are only two hole positions and the lift arms are currently in the one closest to the tractor.

I'm not sure of the clearance with the telescopic activation handle if in the front position hole.

PXL_20230216_171206500.jpg