Designing a bin tipper, sizing hydraulics.

/ Designing a bin tipper, sizing hydraulics. #51  
The forklift can tip an unlimited number of bins and is somewhat forgiving on size. Even if your lifter is separate from the bins it still requires getting all new bins. And how do you get the fruit from the field to the rolling bins?

/ Designing a bin tipper, sizing hydraulics. #52  
The forklift can tip an unlimited number of bins and is somewhat forgiving on size. Even if your lifter is separate from the bins it still requires getting all new bins. And how do you get the fruit from the field to the rolling bins?
Ok. Go off of there idea of using gravity to help you like the dumping carts do. And there's no way a forklift is 36in x 60in like the jacks are

I don't think you understand what his post is about. He does NOT want to use his forklift to tip the bins. Also by using a manual method he avoids angry contamination from hydraulic fluids or fuel

Also where do you get decent forklifts for less then $1,000? You said they would be cheaper but I have never seen a decent operating forklift cheaper

/ Designing a bin tipper, sizing hydraulics. #53  
I don’t know where you got the $1000 number. It would cost more than that to get a lift and one bin of adequate capacity. The OP never said how many bins he needs but I’m assuming more than one.

/ Designing a bin tipper, sizing hydraulics. #54  
I don’t know where you got the $1000 number. It would cost more than that to get a lift and one bin of adequate capacity. The OP never said how many bins he needs but I’m assuming more than one.
Please just read a post fully. I just said he could modify the idea for heavens sake to his bins !!
Well considering that they are around $500 used for a decent one and go up from from there. Your the one who tried to instantly throw the price out that forklifts are cheaper. I buy these a few times a year for my work so yes I know the prices.

Was just trying to throw ideas out for the OP but I guess that most not be allowed to think outside the box?? Seems to be that tbn doesn't like outside the box thinking lately.

/ Designing a bin tipper, sizing hydraulics. #55  
I am backing out of this useless fight. Just trying to brainstorm a different idea since that's what the OP asked for. Have a nice night

/ Designing a bin tipper, sizing hydraulics. #56  
They have self dumping garbage bins at work like this one. Idk if that works for you? download.jpeg

/ Designing a bin tipper, sizing hydraulics. #57  
They have self dumping garbage bins at work like this one. Idk if that works for you? View attachment 567092
No, the OP is picking fruit into a pallet sized bin and needs to dump the bin into a hopper to juice it. They probbaly have tens, if not hundreds of these bins and they are a particular shape/size to work with the fruit that goes into them.

Aaron Z

/ Designing a bin tipper, sizing hydraulics. #58  
No, the OP is picking fruit into a pallet sized bin and needs to dump the bin into a hopper to juice it. They probbaly have tens, if not hundreds of these bins and they are a particular shape/size to work with the fruit that goes into them.

Aaron Z
Ok. I get it. He has alot of bins.

/ Designing a bin tipper, sizing hydraulics.
lol, lots of interesting ideas here. I totally understand the concerned bout blowing a hyd line and contaminating the grapes, doesn't sound great. I have maybe 30 bins i need to tip in the end so multi use is important. I think i'm going to take the risk this year and roll with the mini x version. Keep it simple and use a ratchet strap to keep the bin on the forks. It won't be glamorous but the seasons is getting near so i'm ging to keep this simple. I'll start throwing up pics as i roll it out. Thanks for all the feedback so far.

/ Designing a bin tipper, sizing hydraulics.
ok, it was a reasonably simple build, but there are some questions in here about what i have cooked up. It's been a while since I did any major welding so some of my seams are sloppy but I feel good about the strength. So question number 1. I built it to also be able to slip onto the bucket on my tractor. Right now I just have a couple of burly hooks rigged up. It seems like I will have to thicken the tounge that they latch to. I'm wondering if the hook setup is going to just fail on me or if i should be able to count on some durability. 2. I have not adapted it for the mini-x yet, but I was thinking I would just use say 6x 3/4" bolts through the channel and through the bucket bottom for mounting. Thoughts? Also I added a couple stubby hooks on the bottom to engage the blade so it doesn't want to slip around.

Attachments

• IMG_1040.JPG
    IMG_1040.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1038.JPG
    IMG_1038.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1037.JPG
    IMG_1037.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1035.JPG
    IMG_1035.JPG