Did Chrysler beat GM to the punch?

/ Did Chrysler beat GM to the punch? #11  
I take another position on this.

Have you saw the pile of SH** that some people have hanging on their key rings???? Get real. Best fix for this problem is all cars going to keyless.

The problem isn't the durability of the keylock. It's the position. It could have been rotated back a few degrees and solved the problem. I doubt the engineers factored in the 1/2lb pile of garbage that some people will hang on the lock mechanism.

I'd actually like to see the stats on that. For every injury/fatality, I'd like to see a picture of what was hanging on the keyring...

Okay,,,, I'm done. Just really excites me when people blame whomever they can for their own stupidity....

/ Did Chrysler beat GM to the punch? #12  
GM has been handling the ignition recall pretty poorly so far. Our local dealer knows nothing about the memo sent to dealers on March 4 that allows owners of affected vehicles to use a loaner car until the parts are available and get $500 cash back on a new car, towing etc. Called GM customer service and they also had no knowledge of the memo and said they couldn't comment (it's posted on NHTSA's website. http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/jaxrs/download/doc/UCM451420/RCMN-14V047-7733.pdf ). USA Today, CBS and just about every other news organization wrote a news story on the memo, yet the company who wrote it doesn't even acknowledge it.

After emailing a link of "the memo" to our dealer's service manager, he went to bat with GM and lined us up with a loaner Malibu.

/ Did Chrysler beat GM to the punch? #13  
I take another position on this. Have you saw the pile of SH** that some people have hanging on their key rings???? Get real. Best fix for this problem is all cars going to keyless. The problem isn't the durability of the keylock. It's the position. It could have been rotated back a few degrees and solved the problem. I doubt the engineers factored in the 1/2lb pile of garbage that some people will hang on the lock mechanism. I'd actually like to see the stats on that. For every injury/fatality, I'd like to see a picture of what was hanging on the keyring... Okay,,,, I'm done. Just really excites me when people blame whomever they can for their own stupidity....

Exactly what I was thinking, 73 keys, 29 key chains, 50 store reward cards, etc. Come on, really?!?!

/ Did Chrysler beat GM to the punch? #15  
They're also looking into why the government knew about this for years, and they did nothing until now. Seems obvious like you said.

Who is THEY? Are you saying the government is looking into itself? I have ZERO faith in anything getting solved that way. The last couple years they have been "investigating" themselves for a number of reasons and NOTHING is getting done. Do not expect anything to come from "they're" investigation.

And for me, personally, the number of fatalities ACTUALLY related to the problems are most likely FAR LOWER than reported. I have less faith in the lawyers, who I am sure is making the numbers claims, than I do in the government.

Not defending GM or any auto maker when they hide known issues, they do it all the time. It's called risk management, and sometimes they lose.

/ Did Chrysler beat GM to the punch? #16  
This is in regards to the recent recall. GM got a black eye on the recent ignition switch problem.
Enter Chrysler. I own a Dodge Challenger and there have been cases where the timing chain will break.

The timing chain doesn't cause the steering wheel to lock and ignition off deactivating the safety systems.

Because the Government owns GM!Chris

I thought the government dumped their remaining share of GM a few months ago.

GM's offer of $500 to customers who wish to buy or lease a new car is a way for GM to sell more cars. In my opinion this is not a good deal for the customers that have these cars.

$500, what a joke, they need to pony up and offer employee pricing along with a 2 or 3K incentive and a fair market trade in value. GM, the definition of American Corporate Greed, will never do it.

/ Did Chrysler beat GM to the punch? #17  
Recalls with the car companies is all about legal exposure and money. They take the problem to their lawyers who determine whether a recall or a certain numbers of lawsuits will be more expensive, and make the final decision off the lowest numbers. The number of consumers who get maimed or killed is irrelevant

/ Did Chrysler beat GM to the punch? #18  
Who is THEY? Are you saying the government is looking into itself? I have ZERO faith in anything getting solved that way. The last couple years they have been "investigating" themselves for a number of reasons and NOTHING is getting done. Do not expect anything to come from "they're" investigation.

And for me, personally, the number of fatalities ACTUALLY related to the problems are most likely FAR LOWER than reported. I have less faith in the lawyers, who I am sure is making the numbers claims, than I do in the government.

Not defending GM or any auto maker when they hide known issues, they do it all the time. It's called risk management, and sometimes they lose.
"The U.S. attorney in Manhattan has opened a criminal probe, and House and Senate committees have pledged to hold hearings about GM and NHTSA's behavior."
I'm on the same page as you are. This whole circus will cost us all in the end.

/ Did Chrysler beat GM to the punch? #19  
I take another position on this. Have you saw the pile of SH** that some people have hanging on their key rings???? Get real. Best fix for this problem is all cars going to keyless. The problem isn't the durability of the keylock. It's the position. It could have been rotated back a few degrees and solved the problem. I doubt the engineers factored in the 1/2lb pile of garbage that some people will hang on the lock mechanism. I'd actually like to see the stats on that. For every injury/fatality, I'd like to see a picture of what was hanging on the keyring... Okay,,,, I'm done. Just really excites me when people blame whomever they can for their own stupidity....

The engineers must factor in all the stuff that hangs from key chains! They screwed up, got the design wrong and tried to cover it up. Period.

/ Did Chrysler beat GM to the punch? #20  
The engineers must factor in all the stuff that hangs from key chains! They screwed up, got the design wrong and tried to cover it up. Period.

Right, nobody else has this problem.