Did the Covid shot make you cranky?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #171  
My wife and I both received the Pfizer vaccine, second dose was over two weeks ago. We both had almost no side effects only minor injection site soreness. We live in Indiana and think the state has done well in its vaccine effort. Our children have all gotten at least the first dose (youngest is 17).
My personal opinion is that our lives can start to return to somewhat normal now that all the people I love are soon to be fully vaccinated.

Mike
Thanks all with the foresight, to get vaccinated. My 2nd dose is on Friday. :D

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky?
I also called a privately operated hospital and got a message "leave your name and number, and we will call you back to make an vac appointment". I did leave my info and guess what, every time they called I wasn't there. I do not live with a cell phone in my pocket... Or next to our land-line phone. The western UP health department on-line system of making an appointment was by far the best! But if your friend has his phone in his pocket, then these "we will call you" systems might work. So I was trying to get in touch with three different locations to make an appointment. I of course have no idea hows its being done elsewhere in MI. 😟
When I'm out working I seldom hear the phone or feel it's vibrate and while driving, don't want to answer it for fear of crashing. It took three calls back before I could answer before the scheduler hung up and the phone was in the house.

Last edited:
   / Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #173  
Couple of days ago, i got a text with link to book my second dose, in a couple more days. I feel for people without Internet and or Cell phone/coverage. Receiving services via Internet.

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #174  
Couple of days ago, i got a text with link to book my second dose, in a couple more days. I feel for people without Internet and or Cell phone/coverage. Receiving services via Internet.
My mom does not have internet, lives in a very rural area, does not drive. She received her second shot Feb1. In Texas if you have not been vaccinated you do not want to be vaccinated. I know of no one personally that wants to be vaccinated has not had at least their first shot.

In our county over 340,000 people have received at least one dose of the vaccine. According to the county data, that is about 50% of the population ages 16 and up. 80% of the population ages 65 and up have received at least one dose with 59% of that population being full vaccinated.
This week the county received 30,000 new vaccine doses, but only received 5,500 request for vaccinations. The hubs are scheduled to be shut down at the end of May.

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #175  
I said "Fully vaccinated", that means both shots. Your need to read further. (y)

I actually gave them a bit of a boost. I believe the number was something like 857,000.
Good point, and here is a BIG question: What is the effectivesness of having the second dose 3-4 weeks after the first, versus, say 12 weeks? Apparently the delayed protocol works better!

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #176  
Good point, and here is a BIG question: What is the effectivesness of having the second dose 3-4 weeks after the first, versus, say 12 weeks? Apparently the delayed protocol works better!
At the CDC's web page they list all the vaccine times you are suppose to get your second one in. All these vaccines vary some as to when you are suppose to get it, but you going early or waiting longer, is still better than not getting it at all.

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #177  
At the CDC's web page they list all the vaccine times you are suppose to get your second one in. All these vaccines vary some as to when you are suppose to get it, but you going early or waiting longer, is still better than not getting it at all.
I believe I asked this same question because I got the pfiser shot and they waited 4 weeks between shots . . . they (Pfiser) told me their between shots can be up to 42 days, no problem.

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #178  
Yes, the COVID shot made me cranky, yes that’s the reason.

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #179  
I got my Pfizer shot last week, 4 days ago. Feel fine today but yesterday I felt not so good, tired and just sat around all day. For me it took 3 days to get past the 2nd shot. My wife did much better with it but she might be tougher. No regrets though, glad to have both shots done.

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #180  
My youngest got his final jab this morning. He is a big boy (6’4” and 250). The first put him on the couch for about 8 hours. Hopefully the 2nd will be less dramatic.

We are all 100% vaccinated as of today.

None of us ever got the virus - at least as we could tell. Both my sons worked the entire time at their place of business. No virtual work.

My wife has always been virtual even before virtual was a thing.

I work in the field - so social distancing is x1,000,000!

MoKelly

Status
Not open for further replies.