Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump Battery

/ Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump Battery #21  
It seems that it would be easier to just use some alligator off the tractor battery vs trying to keep a separate battery charged.

It is, or off a truck. I don't ever leave the power supply on to the pump if it's not in use.

/ Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump Battery #22  
I *JUST* built something similar.

I put mine on a trailer. That way I can pull it the 1 mile down to Farm Service to fill it with my tractor or side by side. With the wheeled jack, even full it pushes around super easy in the garage. 75 gallons diesel, 75 gallons gasoline.

I put a battery tender end (2 pole plug) on the pumps. I have these on ALL my equipment so I can plug them in to keep the batteries in shape. So all my tractors, lawn mowers, side by sides etc already can power the pumps. In addition I also made a conversion plug/adapter that uses regular clamps so I can clamp them on any battery (ie a car or truck) to power the pumps.

A cheapy lawn mower battery would power the pumps for along time.....but Id just pull power from whatever vehicle your putting fuel in.....

fuel trailer (1).jpgfuel trailer (2).jpg

/ Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump Battery #23  
And when I fill mine, I use the 10 foot hose to fill tractor, so battery with tank is easier in my situation. E67C5E53-D7DB-4D65-8A2A-BD8E6BFD8370.jpeg. 57E01E16-D1AB-4085-8BF6-6ED5FD2E5C04.jpeg

/ Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump Battery #24  
I have the same setup: Fillrite and 55 gal tank. I mounted mine on a pallet and wish I had made it bigger to accommodate a battery. I don't think the pump wiring came with any clips and I installed a fuse and battery clips. MAKE SURE YOU PUT IN AN INLINE FUSE to protect your investment. Any auto parts store will have one. I think I used a 25 amp fuse. I sometimes pump 50 gallons into my motorhome in one filling. I have noted that the wiring gets very warm so I know the pump is pulling substantial amps. If you go the battery route, I'd get a 100 amp battery with a 5 amp battery charger/minder to handle the drain without damaging your battery (batteries discharged below 12v can sustain permanent damage). Finally, if you build a pallet, consider lowering the side that the pump is on so you can fully drain your tank. My pallet is level and unless I lift an edge, there is about 5 gallons of fuel in the tank when the pump starts sucking air. Sometimes you need that last 5 gallons! I also build walls on 3 sides of the pallet to protect the tank from dents when moving it around with my tractor. I hope you got the auto shutoff fill because it sure is nice to not have to worry about spilling fuel. Finally, the fuel volume pumped display is a really nice add on even though it is expensive. It keeps up with how much you pumped and how much is left.

/ Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump Battery #25  
Yes, mine has auto cutoff on handle. Also came with wiring with alligator clips and inline fuse. According to display I can pump 52 gallons of the 55 it stores.

/ Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump Battery #26  
I have always been meaning to rig up a permanent power supply for my 12 volt fill-rite pumps. But for years, I just use a starting battery that is not good enough for starting anymore, and throw a charger on it two or three times a year.

/ Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump Battery #27  
I got to be friends with a couple of immigrants from the Phillipines that bought a handicap mobility company.
They are down the street from our local VA hospital and as I was there anyway for some repairs to my chair lift,
I asked about the stack of batteries {~25-30} along the wall in his shop.
Here's how I came by my diesel pump battery in my shop.
It turns out that once a year the VA Admin offers a replacement battery to all our vets in motorized wheelchairs.
{It's cheaper to replace the battery than deal with low voltage and all the damage it causes the motor with amperage draw & heat.}
So I walked over and put a load test on a couple of them. They're just fine. {12-13vDC}
Turns out most vets just replace them rather than have issues.
The retailer GIVES them to a recycler.
As the repair shop/retailer gets his replacement dollars from Uncle Sam.

God Bless America and our Vets

/ Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump Battery #28  
I like this for powering up heavy draw items. It hangs out from your grill. Can power a pump, winch, or jump starter cables like in my picture.

Attachments

• 4C3A023B-24C6-4383-B6AE-CD8443CF0DCC.png
    4C3A023B-24C6-4383-B6AE-CD8443CF0DCC.png
    7.3 MB · Views: 96
   / Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump Battery #29  
I like this for powering up heavy draw items. It hangs out from your grill. Can power a pump, winch, or jump starter cables like in my picture.

Did you mean to attach a link or pic?

/ Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump Battery #30  
this is what mine has 20200328_133832.jpg 20200328_133844.jpg