Diesel heater on Toolcat

/ Diesel heater on Toolcat #11  
Laurencen, I have never installed a Webasto but have installed a couple Espars on Dodge Cummins trucks. I believe Webasto and Espar are very similar. If I were considering of putting one on my 5610 I would look at installing it on the passenger side floor board and plumb the heating lines in via the cab heater glycol heater hoses. That location is also close to the fuel source.
In the pickup market it is common to plumb the hoses so that both the engine and cab heater are heated by the Espar.

If that location is objectionable then the only other spot I can think of would be in one of the rear cover storage pockets, but then you have the hassle of making the heater hoses and fuel line long enough to accommodate opening and closing the rear cover.

/ Diesel heater on Toolcat #12  
don't neglect the exhaust vent if putting the unit in a cab.

/ Diesel heater on Toolcat
ruffdog I have the thin oil, it has the dry bulb block heater good for -15C max and that is pushing it, 3 or 4 cycles of glow plugs and lots of cranking, the issue is we like winter vacations in Mexico unfortunately we return to a windy -30C down to -40C and the block heartier does nothing, hardly cranks.

the issue is with a driveway just over half mile from highway to house we can also have couple foot of snow and taller drifts, twice its caught us I have a heater workshop its parked in another 200 yards away no power at end of driveway

with one of these heaters the Toolcat can be at the end of driveway, it would heat coolant up in short order, you get instant heat out the heater once started and easy cranking at least thats the idea

Covid stopped us last couple years but have a trip booked end of January assuming our intrepid PM does not shut borders again, this unit I ordered can be programmed to come on at a preset time and day but even if I had to fire it up and wait half hour on the side of driveway with the wife its better than walking to the shop to clear a path

get the unit on the weekend and figure where to mount it out the way, was hoping someone had installed one at some point.

/ Diesel heater on Toolcat
also this just heats the coolant, there are units that heat just the cab, had one on a boat and worked great the heat output was ducted inside, unit and exhaust outside, they are used lots on school busses, another does both coolant and cab heat, these units have lower heating for coolant and I need to cut a hole in the cab, not wanting to do this option