Oil & Fuel diesel in a 3185

/ diesel in a 3185 #1  

highboy1975

Silver Member
in know that the kubota 3cyl diesel was available in the super cubs, but how difficult would it be to put one in my 3185? i know the diesel is liquid cooled, so id have to mock up a way to put the rad in, but other than that, how hard would this be? i dont see it being too terribly difficult. maybe wiring in a kubota ignition switch for the glow plugs?

/ diesel in a 3185
anybody? im thinking the hard part is going to be mounting up a pto.

/ diesel in a 3185 #3  
With the amount of work involved and the cost, I think you would be better off looking for a good used one.

Bob B.

/ diesel in a 3185
well, i was hoping to figure out how much work would be involved. i know the super cubs came with a kubota motor, im just wandering how much of a project id be getting into. where id be having problems and such.

/ diesel in a 3185 #5  
I used to own a 1782 with the Kubota diesel....great tractor/motor. I don't think it would fit in a 3000 series.....just not enough room. I agree with Bob, there are some nice 1572/1772's/1782's out there for as much as you would spend on modifying a 3000.....unless you have a lot of $$$ and time....??

/ diesel in a 3185
ok, thats what i was wandering, i figured in a sgt it would be bolt in, but wasnt sure about a 3000. thanks.