Diesel prices take a jump yet again

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Diesel prices take a jump yet again #13  
$8.26/gal for regular diesel on the closest BP and Repsol pumps I have. I stopped looking at the premium diesel price a loooong time ago.

/ Diesel prices take a jump yet again #14  
Pump prices are high simply due to corporate greed.

Exxon, Chevron hit by Q1 market swings, but still post big revenues

www.msn.com.ico
Reuters on MSN.com|4 hours ago
April 29 (Reuters) - The two largest U.S. oil companies on Friday posted big revenues in the first quarter, but both Exxon Mobil Corp (XOM.N) and Chevron Corp (CVX.N) found themselves tripped up by market fluctuations, though those stand to dissipate in ...
iu

Exxon profits surge despite $3.4B hit from Russian exit

apnews.com.ico
Associated Press|3 hours ago
NEW YORK (AP) — Exxon Mobil reported $5.48 billion in profits during the first quarter as oil and gas prices rose steadily, more than doubling its profits compared with the same quarter last year. But the oil giant took a huge hit as it abandoned its ...
iu

Exxon Mobil doubled its profit from last year to $5.5 billion

www.msn.com.ico
CBS News on MSN.com|4 hours ago
As gas prices continue to soar across the nation, oil producer Exxon Mobil reported $5.4 billion in profit during the first quarter — doubling its profits compared to the same quarter last year. Exxon also took a noteworthy loss as company officials ...

Doubling profits, but refusing to increase output so they can keep prices high.
Last time I checked, none of them operated as non-profits. I don't complain. I hold stock in them.

/ Diesel prices take a jump yet again #15  
5.69 in mass

/ Diesel prices take a jump yet again
Diesel went up again (Nova Scotia) last night Apr-30-22, gas stayed the same....for now
Diesel CAN$2.53L, US$7.46 USG
Gas CAN$1.80L, US$5.30 USG

/ Diesel prices take a jump yet again #17  
This is just the beginning. Inflation is at 8% now, and GDP hasn't been so negative since 1982 and 2009. You can send your "Thank You" cards to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW Washington, DC

/ Diesel prices take a jump yet again #18  
man this is terrible

/ Diesel prices take a jump yet again
man this is terrible
That is definitely an understatement.
I retired a year ago, I've got no complaints moneywise.....yet, I'm not rich by any stretch of the imagination. Thing that makes me mad/sad I bought myself a new Ram 1500 as a retirement present, figured it'd be my last new vehicle, now I can't afford to drive it.
I just wonder how much of the increases of everything, not just fuel, is gouging riding on the wave of covid and fuel increases.......Mike

/ Diesel prices take a jump yet again #20  
Surely government policy has nothing to do with this, it must be corporate greed.

I don’t know how anyone could say such things as….opening oil pipelines domestically or fracking or drilling for oil in the United States instead of importing Russian oil could help this kind of problem.

I own a small business so I guess I’ll just raise my prices to compensate for the extra costs. Actually I’m going to raise them as high as the market will bear out of fear of the unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.