Diesel Storage Tank

/ Diesel Storage Tank #1  

Frankenkubota

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX 5800, SkidPro 4 in 1, Ratchet rake, SkidPro pallet forks
Ok, I give in. My jiggler syphon from hf was a pos, because of the packaging, and I致e spilled my last drop of fuel.

Been shopping for storage tanks. My GC has a used cylindrical tank, appx 250 gals. I think that痴 too big plus, it痴 used.

I saw some square plastic storage tanks on line for around $400. The reviews were positive. Some folks put them in the bed of their truck, many used them as a simple storage tank behind the garage. That痴 what I want to do.

Everything here is going to be new, house, garage, shop, everything except hand tools and my old cars. I saw one of the other posts about someone tired of wrenching every time he tries to use his tractor. Me too!

I知 leaning toward using one of those new plastic tanks with a 110 volt pump of some kind. I have not done the electrical yet so how痴 the time.

Any suggestions or better yet, anything to look out for?

/ Diesel Storage Tank #2  
I've never seen anyone use plastic for a fuel tank but i suppose it will be fine as long as you don't run into it or rupture it with something. My 250 gallon tank is on a trailer with a 12 VDC Fil-Rite 20 GPM pump. I had a trailer mounted tank because before I got my tractor I had a Komatsu PC 220 track hoe. I may pull the tank off and make it stationary now.

/ Diesel Storage Tank #3  
Have you considered a home heating oil tank? I had them in 2 different places and the delivery company would just come and fill it with off road diesel. You can chose different refueling options (electric, manual crank)
Not crazy about leaving a tank outside because rain, temperature swings and condensation and possible damage.

/ Diesel Storage Tank #4  
Ok, I give in. My jiggler syphon from hf was a pos, because of the packaging, and I致e spilled my last drop of fuel.

Been shopping for storage tanks. My GC has a used cylindrical tank, appx 250 gals. I think thatç—´ too big plus, itç—´ used.

I saw some square plastic storage tanks on line for around $400. The reviews were positive. Some folks put them in the bed of their truck, many used them as a simple storage tank behind the garage. Thatç—´ what I want to do.

Everything here is going to be new, house, garage, shop, everything except hand tools and my old cars. I saw one of the other posts about someone tired of wrenching every time he tries to use his tractor. Me too!

I知 leaning toward using one of those new plastic tanks with a 110 volt pump of some kind. I have not done the electrical yet so how痴 the time.

Any suggestions or better yet, anything to look out for?

Have you talked to your local fuel delivery company? Sometimes you can get a good break on tank rentals based on your volumes. You can get a nice double walled tank with pump for a few extra pennies on the fuel charges.

/ Diesel Storage Tank
Have you talked to your local fuel delivery company? Sometimes you can get a good break on tank rentals based on your volumes. You can get a nice double walled tank with pump for a few extra pennies on the fuel charges.

Thx

I don’t use that much so it’s tuff to get a deal.

Alls well, I will figure something out the does not involve gas cans and smelly fuel!

/ Diesel Storage Tank #6  
My new farm fuel set up. No 5 gallon gas cans for me! :)

8M9Zn2h.jpg

OIGHwNg.jpg

/ Diesel Storage Tank #7  
i have a poly 55 gallon tank myself. fuel 1.jpg fule 2.jpg. easy to offload onto truck to refill, in the shop the pallet is on wheels to easily move.

/ Diesel Storage Tank #8  
Using two 55 gallon drums here. I have off road delivered two or three times a year.

I go through about 300 gallons a year between the tractor, backhoe, and generator.

I use a $65 pump with hose and nozzle. The first pump ran great for 3 years before it started leaking. The replacement is not liking when I close the nozzle. I need to tear my original pump down and see if I can get seals for it.

/ Diesel Storage Tank #9  
I pay way more to get thousand of liters delivered than what I could pay at the pumps. I get it, having trucks on the road is expensive. If Diesel wasn't so messy, I would have a way of getting a few hundred litres at a time at the pump. Some even offer a nice discount over 100 liters.

There are some really nice small heating oil tanks. Maybe 30" long.

/ Diesel Storage Tank #10  
Thx

I don稚 use that much so it痴 tuff to get a deal.

Alls well, I will figure something out the does not involve gas cans and smelly fuel!

Well give us some idea of quantity per year and difficulty to get fuel.

I bought 2 50 gallon transfer tanks for $50@ (Better Built Steel Transfer Fuel Tank)
years ago and a Flo n' Go Duramax Gas Caddy 14-Gallon, for $100. Plus I've a 300 IBC tote. I had been very concerned that diesel fuel would go back past $4/ gallon. And I wanted to "stock up". At that time I had to drive 16 miles 1 way for fuel.

Now my VW diesel car has gone, my diesel truck and one diesel tractor are stuck in Virginia, my usage can be supplied by one 5 gallon can a month and the price of diesel is below $2/gallon.
Even better a diesel station opened up about a half mile away, within easy drive with my tractor.

So my need for fuel and the difficulty to get it have like the price all plummeted.

So how much a year do you need and how hard is it to get?