Diesel v twin

/ Diesel v twin #11  
Sure, though it has been covered elsewhere as well. If your arms are dropping rapidly, you may have debris in the pilot valve on the control arm. It could also be a blown seal in the arm.

Basically, on the loader control valve block, between the two hoses for each circuit, there is a hex head. Under the hex head is a plastic pilot/check valve. What you need to do is get the whole area between the hoses and around the hex head super super clean. Power wash, blast off with air, brake cleaner, etc. Terry's comment to me was "think open heart surgery". I find that it takes a round of cleaning, then a round of scrubbing, and then more cleaning to get dirt out of the crevices. Then with the load arms supported, (important!), you carefully partially unscrew the hex head. As you unscrew the hex head, the arms are depressurized, oil will flow out (and the arms will fall if they aren't supported, so make sure they are supported). When the oil has stopped flowing, you can unscrew hex head the rest of the way. Clean the hex head, and the plastic piece carefully. Just by disassembling it, you may wash debris out, so don't be surprised if you don't find anything. The one time I had to do it, I never found whatever the debris was. Like painting, the prep work is what takes time.

Doing this did fix my rapid leak down issue.

I would have said that from the fact that your curl works and your lift doesn't that you have a cylinder or valve issue, but not having enough pressure makes me think the issue is in your pump. Did you ask Terry at PT?

All the best,

Peter

/ Diesel v twin
Sure, though it has been covered elsewhere as well. If your arms are dropping rapidly, you may have debris in the pilot valve on the control arm. It could also be a blown seal in the arm.

Basically, on the loader control valve block, between the two hoses for each circuit, there is a hex head. Under the hex head is a plastic pilot/check valve. What you need to do is get the whole area between the hoses and around the hex head super super clean. Power wash, blast off with air, brake cleaner, etc. Terry's comment to me was "think open heart surgery". I find that it takes a round of cleaning, then a round of scrubbing, and then more cleaning to get dirt out of the crevices. Then with the load arms supported, (important!), you carefully partially unscrew the hex head. As you unscrew the hex head, the arms are depressurized, oil will flow out (and the arms will fall if they aren't supported, so make sure they are supported). When the oil has stopped flowing, you can unscrew hex head the rest of the way. Clean the hex head, and the plastic piece carefully. Just by disassembling it, you may wash debris out, so don't be surprised if you don't find anything. The one time I had to do it, I never found whatever the debris was. Like painting, the prep work is what takes time.

Doing this did fix my rapid leak down issue.

I would have said that from the fact that your curl works and your lift doesn't that you have a cylinder or valve issue, but not having enough pressure makes me think the issue is in your pump. Did you ask Terry at PT?

All the best,

Peter

Yes, terry seems to think it Is the pump, but he also said that they rarely go bad. I also have the tag on the pump that is on the machine, the code that is on the tag shows different pump pressures than the one required, terry said it is there pump by the pics I sent but the tag shows different. It has us both scratching our heads lol.

/ Diesel v twin #13  
Might be good to record all the data on the pump tag (and post it in the parts section) for future reference.

Pumps last a long time if kept clean and not overheated.