DIGITAL CAMERA

/ DIGITAL CAMERA #1  

frank_f15

Super Member, Rest in Peace
Tractor
kubota b2400- R4 tires
Thinking about upgrading my digital camera, i currently have an olympus d-510(2.1 mp,3x optical zoom) looking at olympus C730 (10x optical, 3.2 mp, uses smart media or xd card) any info good or bad about this camera or any suggestions? really like the 10x optical.

/ DIGITAL CAMERA #2  
Hi Frank,

What is the difference between the C730, C740, and the C750?

I had seen about $100. price differential and the C750 is 4 mp vs. 3... but what are the other differences?

/ DIGITAL CAMERA
John: as u know comparing cameras is tough, but best i can see is the 730, has sound cap . in movie mode the 740 does not, the 730 also lets u put an external flash on it and the 740 does not strange the 740 is more expensive in some places and less expensive in other places than the 730. the 750 i beleive is the same as the 730 only 4 mp rather than 3.2 mp on the 730(confusing isn't it) 3mp is more than i require, as even my 2.1 mp camera give great prints to 5x7 size. another strange thing, i have never seen a C730 for sale in any store, they have the c740 but not the 730 can only find that online. my friend bought one and it seems to be a great camera.

/ DIGITAL CAMERA #4  
I know very little about camera's, but like very much the 10X optical zoom on my C700. I was able to test this out fairly well on a recent trip. When looking down in a valley, we could see a small house & what some thought was a lake of blue water. When zoomed in for picture, you can see individual bricks on the house, windmill, service wires, ETC & the blue was bluebonnet flowers.

I think this is only a 2MP camera and was taking pictures in 3rd best of 4 modes.

It also makes taking closeups easy, while no one is suspecting.

/ DIGITAL CAMERA
Neal: thanks for the input, i beleive the C730&C740 are updated modles fo the C700. as in all things electronic, they tend to give u more features for less$$$ the longer they have been around.

/ DIGITAL CAMERA #6  
Yes, I think you are right. Cameras, like computers seem to be obselete before you get home with them.

/ DIGITAL CAMERA #7  
Here are a couple of sites I use when researching digital cameras.

dpreviews

Steves Digicams

I find both to be very informative. The first site I noted does not have a review of the C730. However, you can find alot of user reviews. Steves has a full review of this camera.

I lean toward Canon but I know Olympus has nice equipment. Good luck.

/ DIGITAL CAMERA
bmac and garym : thanks for the sites. very informative. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif