Disabling "Go To Latest Unread Post" Option?

/ Disabling "Go To Latest Unread Post" Option? #1  

OkieDave

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3316HST
Is there a way to set up my profile so that clicking on the thread title doesn't take me to the latest unread post? Our filtering software at work chokes on the "showthread.php?t=252995&p=2944830" redirect, flagging it as "malicious sites" and blocking it. If I go to the thread as, say, http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/mahindra-buying-pricing/247851-price-check-4025-4wd.html, it works fine. It's the .php extension, or possibly the GET variables appended to the URL, that causes problems. Yes, I understand it's a problem with our filtering software, not the site, but there's no way the filters are going to be changed, so I'm hoping I can get that option changed for my account.

/ Disabling "Go To Latest Unread Post" Option?
Neat! For bonus fun points, posting a new thread causes the same problem: my post gets through, but the automatic redirect to show that post causes it to choke. Amusingly, it works fine for subsequent (non-thread-starting) posts.

/ Disabling "Go To Latest Unread Post" Option? #3  
From the previous posts, its an all or nothing deal. If it is a multipage thread, you can click on the page numbers, but that wont help for a single page thread.
Out of curiosity, what filtering software is doing this? That behavior is used by pretty much every site running this software out there.

Aaron Z

/ Disabling "Go To Latest Unread Post" Option?
SmartFilter. Interestingly, it doesn't do it on other sites, and it's only recently started doing it here on TBN.

/ Disabling "Go To Latest Unread Post" Option? #5  
The forum has worked this way since 2001. It's by design.