DiscountHydraulicHose.com

/ DiscountHydraulicHose.com #21  
Aaron, I did the same paperchase, found Hydraulax etc, and why on one zoom level that other name popped up. Can't make this stuff up...?
I'm delighted these guys are close to me, and mail order makes sense, this is not the best part of Philly. If you look at their building on close up, you
can see they've been there a long time.

red herring, that's all. Drew

I'll order my splitter hoses from them and give a full report...:cool: ok, a full report for a nice advertiser.

/ DiscountHydraulicHose.com #22  
Ken, thanks for the info on matching hose/fitting - although I did mention that in my post.

As to the help on assembly - it would have been nice if that info was to be found on your website (or maybe more obvious) - instead, I finally found a U-tube vid on a different manufacturer's similar connectors and went from there. Did it just the way you described here.

On a more positive note, the above is my ONLY minor complaint on your site (and NO complaints on anything else) - you're my "go to" choice for fittings. Now, if you could add control valves to your line :licking: ... Steve

/ DiscountHydraulicHose.com
Steve, it's on my "to do" list. :)

It's a long list, though, so I can't promise when it will get done. Among other projects, I have a number of helpful resources/tips that I will be putting together and adding to our web site for reference.

/ DiscountHydraulicHose.com #24  
The hose I ordered came yesterday. Quality looks fine but I have one question-where's my invoice?

The hose I ordered came yesterday. Quality looks fine but I have one question-where's my invoice?

Jim,

The invoice should be in the box with your order. If it wasn't, you can print a copy of your invoice by viewing your order history online at DiscountHydraulicHose.com. All you have to do is log into your account and click "My Account/Order Status" in the upper right hand corner of any page on our site.

If you have any problems with that, message me privately with your order number and I will email you a copy of your order confirmation, which contains a complete invoice.

/ DiscountHydraulicHose.com #26  
I need some nylon protective sleeve for two 3/8'' hoses. What size should I get?

Hose ID is not a factor when buying protective sleeve. Getting the sleeve to fit over the OD (and maybe the fittings) is all that matters.

Measure the OD and add a little (maybe 1/8") to give the sleeve room. If the hose is long, you don't want the sleeve so tight that you can't pull it over the length of the hose. If you have to pull the sleeve over fittings that are already attached, consider them as well. Measure at the widest point and work from there.

/ DiscountHydraulicHose.com #28  
Hi KEN,

If you have the time, can you give us a comparison of fitting and hose size after a hose is squeezed onto a fitting, or any fitting with out a hose.

For example, what is the inside diameter of a 3/4 in fitting?
---------------------------------------------------- 1/2
-----------------------------------------------------3/8

Is a 1/2 in QD inside diameter really 1/2 in?

Looking at this hose velocity/hose size/GPM chart, can one derive the flow through a particular size fitting or hose?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=4gu5qj1C2wFW2uLHya121A&bvm=bv.49967636,d.aWM

/ DiscountHydraulicHose.com #29  
What I am really asking is, can I insert a 1/2 in rod inside a 1/2 QD or fitting or hose.

What is the real inside diameter?

I am not sure it is a big deal unless you go way outside of the envelope.

It may affect overall cost if you deviate from accepted standards.

/ DiscountHydraulicHose.com #30  
JJ, I have several of DHH's 1/2" QD's for a few projects - the female (by "1/2", I mean 1/2 NPTF) check ball seat is almost exactly 3/8" - the male looks to be a little bit smaller than that. These are the standard "AG" versions.

In my case, it's no biggie - using 3/8 hose, older tractors, lucky to put out 6-7 gpm @ 2200 psi.

If I were doing this for a higher volume application, I would go bigger. I don't remember seeing ANY QD's that didn't restrict flows (haven't messed with higher volume stuff like skid steers, only my case backhoe which has about 22 gpm - for projects on that animal, I'll be looking MUCH larger, and/or NO QD's... Steve