Ditching job

/ Ditching job #141  
You said it was a ditch removing water from a roadway to a river, but the pictures indicate it's more of a drainage ditch for the hayfield, if so tile the hayfield

/ Ditching job #142  
If you want to do the work I hope you get it but I found at times the best jobs I had were the ones I did not get.

/ Ditching job #144  
You guys are talking Dude into a ditch. Unless I have skin in the game as a partner in this project, I wouldn't encourage him to walk off the ledge. I love him too much.

Now, why would Dude be invited to do this ditch job? If I were the property owner, I wouldn't let any contractor, let alone a hay farmer, bid on this work unless he has proven capability. This is a land drainage situation and the topography is involved. A surveyor is needed to determine the slope of the ditch. And even if the pegs are driven to guide the excavation, can the machine operator dig that ditch within tolerance? Imagine letting a hay farmer cut your hair. Only a fool would allow someone to learn on the job.
We all learn on the job. Gotta start somewhere. A good man guarantees his work so he can fix it for free. Haha.

/ Ditching job
You said it was a ditch removing water from a roadway to a river, but the pictures indicate it's more of a drainage ditch for the hayfield, if so tile the hayfield
It runs through a hayfield to get to the river. Along the way, some smaller ditches empty into it. Tile not an option for customer

/ Ditching job
Sounds like they need to reconsider and put a three or four foot pipeline in place instead of a fifteen x four ft ditch that's going to erode that hayfield like no tomorrow, what are they going to do with all that dirt they excavate, berm the ditch? Should make bailing hay a real task.
See post #13

/ Ditching job
You guys are talking Dude into a ditch. Unless I have skin in the game as a partner in this project, I wouldn't encourage him to walk off the ledge. I love him too much.

Now, why would Dude be invited to do this ditch job? If I were the property owner, I wouldn't let any contractor, let alone a hay farmer, bid on this work unless he has proven capability. This is a land drainage situation and the topography is involved. A surveyor is needed to determine the slope of the ditch. And even if the pegs are driven to guide the excavation, can the machine operator dig that ditch within tolerance? Imagine letting a hay farmer cut your hair. Only a fool would allow someone to learn on the job.
Might be true for new ditches, but only troll wouldn’t read enough to see the ditches already exist.
I get your sarcasm and feeble attempts to put down people who work with their hands and brains.
Instead, try giving advice to fellow clowns on how to tie balloons for kids in the park.

Last edited:
   / Ditching job
If you want to do the work I hope you get it but I found at times the best jobs I had were the ones I did not get.
Could happen. It’s being bid by more than just me.

/ Ditching job #150  
Simpler to just walk away, as once the DEC or DEP get wind of a job
like this they will stop it because it flows into river.