DIY Canopy.

/ DIY Canopy. #42  
Nicely done... a top makes a big difference when out in the sun for hours.

For me, the first objective was rollover protection and brush deflection, the FOPS was an added bonus. Full roll cage with limb risers, rear brush screen. There's a sheet of aluminum in the barn slated for use on the roof... the temporary 3/4" plywood is nearly rotted out... *grin*
20180215_173000.jpg
20180215_173040.jpg

/ DIY Canopy. #43  
$50.00 golf cart roof for the one old tractor

Attachments

• thumbnail_KIMG2289.jpg
    thumbnail_KIMG2289.jpg
    584.8 KB · Views: 86
   / DIY Canopy.
Nicely done... a top makes a big difference when out in the sun for hours.

For me, the first objective was rollover protection and brush deflection, the FOPS was an added bonus. Full roll cage with limb risers, rear brush screen. There's a sheet of aluminum in the barn slated for use on the roof... the temporary 3/4" plywood is nearly rotted out... *grin*View attachment 762551View attachment 762552
More than once I've seen a branch coming and wished I had something other than my arm to deflect it. lol I see you've added weight to the gannon too. That definitely helps them cut. My old Terex had a 1000 pound box that sunk like a stone in water on most material.

/ DIY Canopy. #46  
More than once I've seen a branch coming and wished I had something other than my arm to deflect it. lol I see you've added weight to the gannon too. That definitely helps them cut. My old Terex had a 1000 pound box that sunk like a stone in water on most material.
Extra ballast out back is mandatory, I have forks on the loader 98% of the time. I put anything I can on pallets or in IBC tote cages. We recently moved to a new farm, I've got 14 of the cages in the barn waiting to be unpacked. They work great for firewood under normal circumstances.
20200505_164217.jpg
20200505_164217.jpg

/ DIY Canopy. #47  
Painting the top black you don't have to go hungry
you can always fry some eggs on the roof:ROFLMAO: but I
guess it depends on what part of the country your
in. Here I grabbed the top of my tailgate and burnt
my hand.

willy

/ DIY Canopy. #48  
I need a sombrero style canopy here in southern CA. We have lots of sun. 😩
Rops is 44" wide on the MX5200 and I need 60" in front of the rops and I would not mind a few inches behind it too.
I've seen a few here and on google. I wanted to ask members to show off their handy work before I got started.
One reason for the DIY is I have only 3 " clearance to get into the barn, which is a must. And 2 is $400-1000.00 for a small square of shade ! AYKM ? lol
I'm thinking of purchasing a sheet of Aluminum and welding up some supports. Buddy has a big break so I can bend the sides down on the metal top. Beyond this I have no plans.
Fan kits? Lights? yea it all sounds good.
Show us what you got. And thank you for having me here. I look forward to your knowledge
They still make them, surprisingly good quality & price.

Last edited: